Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, February 05, 2007

Alan Burrows, I doffs me lid...

I generally don't have much to do with other Vietnam veterans if I can help it. Generally, I find them to be ignorant racist rednecks and that type makes me want to rip their heads off and shove them where the sun don't shine. (Yeah, you guessed right, I'm still not enlightened.)

But here's a story which reduced me to tears.

4 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Gerry - I read this, I agree with you. Some things just stop you in your tracks but also restore hope - a commodity in short supply.

February 06, 2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

That story just says so much. About how military training (brainwashing) corrupts and distorts young minds; About how war destroys and damages not just bodies, but minds and souls as well; About the Howard government's regressive attitudes and policies. About ASIO's insane paranoid nature. But above all, about the possibility of people to transcend all this crap and just look for the the good in each other.

I've still got a long way to go with the latter... Ah well... Maybe next lifetime...

February 07, 2007 4:32 AM  
Blogger Lunar Brogue said...

Looking for the good in people can be very very hard, especially if you're angry, disillusioned or resigned to self-pity and pessimism. But it is the basis of respect. It involves empathy, sometimes in big quantities. And it can be uplifting.

Don't ask me to spark up the incense and get all gooey about Howard though ...

February 09, 2007 4:34 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

LB, tried to leave a comment on your blog, but don't know if it worked because Blogger shat itself.

I feel honoured that you have redefined clinical depression as "resignation to self-pity and pessimism" though. A stunning display of empathy there, LP. Bordering on psychic genius. Very helpful.

I almost had an epiphany.

February 10, 2007 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========