Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, June 09, 2006

Oh what fun it is...

I've been having a lighthearted banter with Arthur and Bruce these last few days, and it's a real joy to be able to chew the fat with such clever and sophisticated lads, let me tell you.

No exponential theorising and ad infinitum neoredefining going on there, readers. Oh no... Parsimony is the rule with these dudes. They shave so close with poor old Occam's Razor, that they look like Little Aussie Bleeders. Pass the styptic pencil, please...

And so, in the spirit of Platonic Love, I have left them this comment on Arthur's blog:
I still hold out great hope, because I believe that you two young whippersnappers are actually intelligent, that one day I will be able repair the synaptic damage done by the lobotomising effect of the atheist sophistry you guys have been subjected to.

My first difficulty is to get you to approach what I'm saying with an OPEN mind.

So, for the next six months or so, provided you try honestly and real hard, that's about all I can hope for. Such is the lobotomising effect of atheist philosphy.

But as the synapses form new links, by Christmans I might actually have you able to take your first look at the world of philosphy with OPEN eyes.

After that, the rest will fall into place naturally, and you'll very soon thereafter have your first-ever philosphical epiphany, namely that of experiencing the unutterable joy of realising that you are actually agnostics, and proud of it!

I'll then happily and proudly induct you into the Agnostic Pride Movement at a ceremony, the highlight of which is that you will each trepane the symbolic skull of an atheist with a 24mm drill bit. The applause will be deafening.

This is what awaits you, my newfound friends... You may now quiver with excitement.
I think I'll have fun playing with my new friends.

I'm excited...

2 Comments:

Blogger Link said...

Love it gerry, ab so effing lootely you are a 'star'.

Have you heard the one about the philosophers debating the existance of God being a bit like a school of fish having a conference under a rock ledge about the existance of the ocean? No, yes, no, seriously this line you run, is great. I'm not going to be on the other pointy end, you're too clever for moi, let me observe and bask in the radiance of your superlative rhetoric.

Tissues Ron? Ick.

The word verification is practically unreadable.

June 09, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ron, I'm reminded of the Roy and HG saying, "When too much fun is barely enough!"

Link, the line i run is the "nil taurus excreta" line of logic. It's Occam's Razor honed to super sharpness. There's a hell of a lot of politics embedded in atheism, as there is in all other religions. Yes, Myrtle, atheism is a religion. And just like some other religions they wage war against other religions. And I have thought them to a standstill. ;-)

My next deconstruction will be of the US Atheist website, about.atheism.com. That should be fun... ;-)

June 09, 2006 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========