Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

yuze can all get &*%#...

I can't stick my head in the sand. I'm cursed. I am driven to try to know; to find out what's happening; to discover what's going to happen, etc. I see it linked somehow to survival. Probably a PTSD thingie.

I link it all to survival. If you don't know, you can't make the right decisions to survive. Paradoxically, you also discover that no-one really want to know. They've all become addicted to "being positive" and pursuing, like it's some kind of holy grail, only pleasurable stimuli. Like pain is to be avoided at all costs... They seem to yearn for a world in which there is only good, no evil. Only light, no darkness. Only pleasure, no pain...

Anything which is a worrying or "negative" stimulus is to be avoided like the plague. And those who would herd us like sheep depend on this phenomenon, and they push all of our narcissism and hedonism buttons to keep us nicely where they want us.

Baa-aa... baa-aa... baa-aa... baa-aa...

And when the pain gets too much for me; when I can see no hope at all remaining for these poor sods, I, unlike the "happy" little sedated sheep in this great big sheep farm called The "Arbeit Macht Frei" World, will top myself. With pleasure. No regrets, Edith. I'd rather be dead than a sheep on a sheep farm.

So, yes, reading this blog could be bad for your mental "health".

I'd better add a disclaimer right here:

"If you decide to top yourself, and you think that this decision had something to do with reading this blog, you need to get back in touch with the idea that you, and you alone, are responsible for the decision to top yourself. Don't blame me, you jerk!"

I think the smart sheep have stopped reading this blog some time ago and are happy grazing somewhere else. I wonder how the price of mutton is doing these days... Must buy mutton futures...

I remember when I was about 13 or 14. I was with two friends and we were talking about science et al, and we came to the question "Do we want to know things or don't we want to know things?" The other two were quite firmly committed to not wanting to know, whereas I was emphatic about wanting to know.

Thus was the first cobblestone on the road to my personal hell laid...

"The horror... The horror..."

8 Comments:

Blogger GreenSmile said...

I tilt at this windmill from time to time Gerry.

The latest guise in which I find this universal preference for agreeable news to the exclusion of what you might need to know is in my avoidance of doctors. Specifically, I should get a checkup now and then and I don't.

Does that qualify as an instance of the weakness you are on about here?

May 09, 2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

No, Greenie, it's not. I mean bigger things. Like educating yourself about what's really happening in this world. and I think on that topic you've done much better than I.

JahTeh, I left a reply for you HERE.

May 09, 2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Hey, Rocker... What have I done to scare you off? I used to enjoy your comments. And so did my ego... How are you doing? Keep well and write killer lyrics, y'hear? There's not enough kick-ass political rock out there these days. Get to it, girl! "You are the voice. Try and understand it."

May 09, 2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger chumpsrock said...

Scare me off? Hardly, Gerry.
I guess you could say I've been a voyeur of sorts. I haven't missed a discourse 'beat' - and I hope you know by now that I'm always here to stroke your ego. Glad you're feeling well enough to post.

As for the topic at hand, of course I agree. A person's desire to acquire selective knowledge is essentially opting to not know. A person 'emphatically' wanting to know finds him/herself in a sea of murk with tiny ripples of ecstasy. If ignorance is bliss, it follows that 'ecstacy' is mediocre. To each his own.

PS: I'm working on getting my political rock ducks in a row ;)

May 09, 2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

About wanting to know. When my marriage broke up I went full tilt at gaining knowledge until information overload set in. So I looked at what I really liked and stuck with that.

If you top yourself Bear, I'm really going to be upset and will stand over your grave and have my two cents worth and you won't be able to answer back. Come to think of it, I like that, have a bottle of pills on me sweet Bear.

May 09, 2006 10:08 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Rocker, good to see you again. Good to hear about the political rock ducks getting all lined up. The world seriously needs a tsunami of political rock to give it a good shake-up. Goes without saying that I want you to become famous so I can say, "I knew her when..." See? It's all ego. All ego... :-)

BigBob!!! Where have you been?!?! You've expressed it well. Speaking of wine, I stopped drinking volumes of cheap red beccause I was tolld it exacerbates depression. I've never been so depressed as I am now that I'm not drinking! What gives?

JahTeh, while I'm howling my rage at the moon, I'm further away from topping myself than when I'm so down I can't read or write. But if I do go, there are instructions to cremate my body and scatter the ashes, so you won't be able to dance on my grave. :-)

May 09, 2006 11:16 PM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

I'll spit against the wind.

May 09, 2006 11:24 PM  
Blogger Link said...

Good post Gerry. Good comment Big Bob. Knoweldge is good, but understanding is even better and helps one tolerate what one knows.

Given that, its also liberating to understand that one knows little and to know that one understands even less.

May 10, 2006 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========