Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Saturday, April 15, 2006

general ravings #423

My sciatica is giving me hell.

Last night my partner and I went to see "The Word's Fastest Indian" at the Mount Vic Flicks. Loved it. But by the end of the movie the sciatica pain was sending me up the wall. The problem was that we were there to see the following movie as well (Woody Allen's "Match Point"). I could not withstand another two and a quarter hours of mind-numbing agony but I did not want my partner to miss out on the movie, so I decided to "amuse" myself by going outside and walking around Mount Vic for two and a quarter hours. And believe me, that was more bearable than sitting down (or standing still).

Oh, did I tell you? I hate sciatica...

About the title of this post... Whenever you see an item in this blog titled "general ravings #nnn", you may feel free to comment on anything whatsoever, no matter how "off topic" your comment may be. Is that too authoritarian for you? Stiff titties. It's my blog.

Now... I welcome people's comments. I want people to comment. I want people to use the comments facility in this blog to discuss topics amongst themselves as well, even if I am too stupified by depression to blog or respond to comments at the time.

Thank you...

You may talk amongst yourselves now...

P.S. whilst I was wandering around Mt Vic last night, I saw a rabbit bolting down the street. On Good Friday? An Easter Bunny? Spooky...

6 Comments:

Blogger JahTeh said...

My leg is still numb from the pinched sciatic nerve but at least I can now sit. What happened to 'Physician heal thyself' Master?

About the rabbit. Are you sure is wasn't a rodent scampering from the direction of Canberra?

Now big question...You've been in War and in Peace so how would Australian civilians go if somehow the Iraq situation was transported here and our peace was transported there?

Thought I'd take what's left of your mind off your pain. Did I do good, Your Gruffness?

'Stiff titties', I wish. I have reached the age of lost elasticity and I quite often wake up with one or the other tucked under an armpit.

Bugger! I just gave away an entire blog post. Sneaky Bear.

April 15, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger Davoh said...

Ah, but did the bunny leave a sparkly little cosmic egg behind??

April 17, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Davo, knowing the bear's luck the rabbit was probably rabid and bit him.

April 17, 2006 9:24 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

You're all bastards in the nicest meaning of that word.

"Physician heal thyself" ???? Were that relvant, I would not have been informed by our wonderful meedja that the suicide rate for male GP's is 2x the national average and that for female GP's it's FIVE times the national average. And it's already a well accepted fact that shrinks and psychs have very high suicide rates.

Clearly, on the subject of suicide, these physicians don't seem to be taking their own medicine. Or is Prozac actually useless?

April 19, 2006 10:22 AM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Just curious, do you have a doctor or a vet, Your Bearness?

April 19, 2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Hahaha, very funny, JahTeh. I see a doctor who treats vets... And occasionally we vets treat the doctor... But he's not very responsive to treatment... I don't know what they do to those people at universities...

May 09, 2006 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========