Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, December 09, 2004

what you get is what you get... it's a zen thing...

And what you get here is anger and cynicism repackaged ad nauseam. If you're here reading this, it's because it's your karma to do so. COME BACK!! WHO TOLD YOU YOU COULD GO ?!?!? I HAVEN'T FINISHED WITH YOU YET !!! I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED...

Still here? I'm pleasantly surprised... Thank you for staying... It's the mood swings you know... They're so unpredictable... Now, where was I? Oh yes, anger. And hate. I want to talk about these two daemons today because I'm still having problems with them.

Isn't hate just anger with the volume turned up? Can you hate without it having some basis in anger?

Thanks to some nudging from our American "friends", we're not far from passing laws here in Australia that will try to outlaw "the incitement of hatred". Ostensibly religious and racial hatred. This could get tricky for some social commentators and bloggers.

I express a lot of the anger I have. Anger at some religions for instance. Anger at what some religions teach. Is the expression of that anger going to be interpreted as "inciting hatred"? Are they trying to outlaw the expression of anger? Are they trying to suppress dissent? Will ranting be banned? That would make me pretty angry. And I would express that anger. I might even rant... Gee I get confused...

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Good point. Right now we enjoy an unlimited freedom of expression. Not because our governments are especially kind, but because they know it won't make a blind bit of difference what we say.

But religious hatred laws will make the world stage a difficult place for atheists. Time to leave the planet, I think.

December 09, 2004 11:58 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

In 1936/1937/1938 quite a few people left Germany because they could see what was coming. I feel the same way now, but this time it's global. How do you get away from these fascist bastards?

Democracy: The Big Lie!!!

December 10, 2004 12:14 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yes, fox, but when asked about it, he says: "Oh anger is always the best energy. Always. Use your anger very, very well. It is an excellent, excellent tool. It opens your mind. Hate is not an energy, hate is a closed door and self-defeating and very, very self-destructive."

But again, it brings me back to the difference between hate and anger. And I'm still floundering on that one.

December 11, 2004 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========