Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

how big is your footprint?

If you go to this website you can calculate your ecological footprint. Just answer 13 simple questions to assess your use of nature.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

You're doing much better than my partner and I, fox. We're pretty average at about four planets. It's hard to break one's cultural conditioning but we're working on it slowly. Bloody consumerism and developedworldism! It's a form or totalitarianism! Aaarrrgghhh!

The link to that site was, of course, lifted from your blog. Your blog is a wealth of issues, information and links. It's a bloody great food-for-thought resource and I want to thank you for what you're doing there. Naturally I'll continue to steal from it, with attributons and link-backs for the more major thefts. :-)

November 24, 2004 8:23 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Now that I've got the gushing out of the way, I can get back to grand theft bloggo. :-)

November 25, 2004 6:04 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Oh, by the way, fox, I did that quiz also as a hypothetical environmental fanatic, and I still scored 1.1 planets. So, anything short of being a cave-dwelling subsistence farmer seems to be environmentally greedy.

I think these results tell us that not only are we in "The West" consuming much more than our fair share, but also that the world's population has hit saturation point from the viewpoint of sustainability. With the world's population set to double in about fifty years, we're well and truly on the slippery slope. But I'm sure I'm preaching to the converted, so I'd better stop.

November 25, 2004 6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========