Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, November 29, 2004

warships, whales and dolphins...

About 100 whales and dophins have died in mass strandings on King Island, off the coast of Tasmania. Another mass stranding is expected later today on the east coast of Tasmania.

I wonder if any warships (including submarines) were operating in this area in the last few days. Warships produce very powerful sonar emissions and they'd be the prime suspects in my book.

Update:

(1) As forecast, a group of about 30 whales and dolphins stranded themselves on the east coast of Tasmania.

(2) Another group of 20-30 pilot whales has stranded in New Zealand.

(3) Greens Party Leader, Bob Brown, blames underwater seismic testing associated with offshore oil and gas exploration..

(4) Scientists studying stranding patterns say that these strandings fit an identified pattern and according to this pattern, strandings will be on the increase for the next 4-5 years. These scientists don't claim to know (yet) what causes these strandings.

(5) Another bunch of scientists has done autopsies and taken samples to carry out forensic tests to try to establish a cause.

(6) Yet another theory is that the strandings were caused by electromagnetic disturbances.

(7) No-one has mentioned warships' sonar. Whatever you do, don't mention warships' sonar. And even more imporantly, whatever you do, don't do a google on: whales +sonar (it will only get you 76,900 hits) ;-)


2 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

I'll update you all on any further developments, but the forces of darkness are not prone to adnitting culpability.

Glad I'm still welcome on your blog. I'll try and behave myself better in future. It's just that some people bring out the worst in me...

November 30, 2004 6:29 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Fox, you're more than welcome to drop in and comment. I may even "get over it" and leave comments again. As soon as I figure out manage my rage at these mass- murdering hypocrites.

November 30, 2004 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========