Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, October 28, 2004

the black dog's got me again...

Or should that be 'still" ?

Anyway I seem to have run out of rant for now. The American elections will happen next Wednesday, and after that, no matter who wins, it'll be Big Business as usual. The rich will continue to blame the poor for being poor and then exploit them mercilessly. The middle class will continue to suck up to the rich (that's what being an "aspirational" is all about, right?) "The war on terror" will create five new "terrorists" for every one they kill. Fascism will become the new global ideology and bloggers like me will finally give up or get locked up for newly defined Thought Crimes or for boring people to death.

I've got a feeling that this blog will be sporadic and perhaps even different from now on...

Remember,if Bush wins, and I think he will, don't get too depressed. It was never going to get that much better under Kerry anyway... Happy Prozac popping, people...

9 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

I wonder what the food will be like...

October 29, 2004 11:11 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

In the place that you envisage, such a menu item would not be available... :-)

Stock up on your post-election Prozac requirements.

October 30, 2004 12:14 AM  
Blogger The Mistress of the Dark said...

I think I'll need something stronger than prozac to survive this election.

October 31, 2004 6:20 AM  
Blogger Dave Riley said...

If you suffer from 'black dog' does that make you a Winston Schurchill wannabe? Hey how's that ALP turnabout on--everything! And conscriptio is the sleeper in the US poll...

SAYING: "If you are down and out. Lift up your head and shout: I'm down and out!"

Me? I'm chirpy. 'Cause it is a good day for the cynics and cynicism and a dose of the black dog can';t co-exist.

October 31, 2004 2:01 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Dave, it would appear that my brand of cynicism not only allows for depression, but might actually contribute to it. :-(

November 01, 2004 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a surprising assessment of the candidates from a close friend of the right in Australia:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/10/31/1099189933446.html


MF

November 02, 2004 3:55 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yes, I'd read that article. I usually skip Shehan's right wing propaganda, but this one looked odd, so I read it. Is he on the verge of doing a contra-Hitchens?

MF, have you and I met?

November 02, 2004 9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes.

MF

November 04, 2004 4:36 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

MF, to which of the (2) questions did you answer "yes"?

If it's the latter, I'm flattered that you've bothered to read my rantings.

November 04, 2004 7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========