Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Sunday, October 17, 2004

I'm getting scared again...

Jeff has this to say about the new breed of Republican:
In '72, mean-spirited Republicans would most definately rip your McGovern sticker off of your bumper. All right, okay... just put on a new one.

But today, Bush supporters are a different breed. They're not simply "mean-spirited", there are scores of them who are "Nazi-like" in their zealous support of him.

These SS men read a Kerry/Edwards bumper sticker as a bullseye. To these storm troopers, YOU ARE THE ENEMY!
Full Story >>>

9 Comments:

Blogger Lavanya said...

I don't think there's anything Nazi about them. They are just I dunno, extra aggressive. Thats all. Speaking of Politics. 1 major doubt. IS HOWARD THE ONLY CANDIDATE FOR PM IN AUSTRALIA?? seriously. 4 straight terms.

October 18, 2004 1:44 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Jeff, don't be flattered by the praise of an idiot.

R.H., I apologise for apologising.

October 18, 2004 10:13 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Oh dear, the R.H. stuff belonged somewhere else. Sorry. Now back to the plot...

Hobbes, I agree with Jeff that when, in the political process, physical violence manifests itself as a means of intimidation of political opponents, that this indeed is reminiscent of the Nazis in Germany circa 1930. I think it's a valid comparison.

However, over at Jeff's blog, it's now emerging that both sides are getting down and getting dirty. So, it seems pots are calling kettles black. I't easy for me, I've already said that there'll be not much difference whichever side wins.

Both sides will continue with the American supremacy agenda at the expense of those America exploits in the name of "freedom" and "democracy", America's Big Lie.
Which of course is another comparison with the Nazis.

We old fossils just can't help ourselves, eh, Hobbes? ;-)

October 18, 2004 10:27 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Hobbes, you asked "IS HOWARD THE ONLY CANDIDATE FOR PM IN AUSTRALIA??"

I don't know how to answer that. For me he is not a candidat at all. But it seems that those voters who keep returning him to office prefer him to the alternatives.

What I thing of those voters is not printable.

However, for me there are two greater disasters to worry about:

1) That Labor and the Democrats, using their allocation of preferences, made sure that the Greens did not get the balance of power in the Senate, thus handing abolute power to Howard.

2) The other disaster is America's globalisation (foreign) policy.

October 18, 2004 10:40 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yes, Jeff, but the ugliness is on both sides. This indicates to me that there is a drift to towards extremism.

The only difference between the extreme Right and the extreme Left is in the way they manage society. Both are totalitarian.

In fact extreme religion is totalitarian. Extreme atheism is also totalitarian.

It indicates a mounting intolerance for others' political, religious and/or philosophical viewpoints. It's a lurch away from post-modernism back towards absolutism. And it's scary as hell...

October 18, 2004 1:35 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Jeff, I've been meaning to ask someone what the initials G.O.P. actually stands for. I'm an ignorant Australian and I don't know. Please forgive...

October 19, 2004 9:45 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

You gotta be kiddin me.

October 19, 2004 10:18 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ok, so let's see if I understand American Politics 101:

The G.O.B. vot for the G.O.P. Right?

October 19, 2004 11:51 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yep.

October 19, 2004 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========