Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

the commander in chief...

We in Australia, hear a lot about which U.S. Presidential Candidate would make the better Commander In Chief Of the Armed Forces in this current election campaign.

My question is this: Why do you brain-dead Yanks even entertain the no-brainer that a sleazy, megalomanic politician should be allowed to become Commander In Chief Of your Armed Forces?

Think about it, Yanks. (that's if Yanks can actually think...)

7 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Ok, Jeff. That reference to brain-dead Yanks was not aimed at you personally. And your point about why the C in C should be the President is also a good one. But... Obviously there need to be more checks and balances.

I'm still pissed off that America is allowed to have such unfettered power in the world. I'm pissed off about how America deliberately undermined the UN (and thereby International Law) for the last fifty years.

I feel like you guys (nothing personal, Jeff) are trashing my planet. And I'm not happy about it.

October 07, 2004 9:19 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Jeff, it seems to me that your news services and your eductaion system are two key areas where revolution is called for. America has become a mere shell of what it once stood for. I still blame Big Business and Big Religion as the two main causes.

If it can't be fixed, are we looking at the final obscenities committed by a dying Pax Americana?

Is America capable of fixing its own problems?

Or must the rest of the world learn to sideline America and get on with shaping a world which ignores America because it has gone nuts?

October 07, 2004 10:04 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Well, jeff, here in Australia, it's election day tomorrow. I'll be campaigning against The Rat who sold us out to George Bush. I'll be handing out how-to-vote cards for his opponent. It's a sort of therapy for my troubled mind.. :-)

October 08, 2004 6:53 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Good luck from Britain to both you guys. Our elections are further off so we are stuck with the appalling, lying, hypocritical, sanctimonious Blair for a while yet.
And, unlike you, the alternatives we will have are equally unattractive.

October 09, 2004 6:25 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Sadly, The Rat got returned with a more than 2% swing in his favour. My depression has kicked in with a vengeance so don't look for any posts for a while.

October 10, 2004 9:55 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

Me too.

October 10, 2004 7:33 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Well I have...

October 10, 2004 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========