Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, September 23, 2004

howard the international terrorist...

From ABC-TV 7.30 Report, 22/09/2004:

On the subject of terrorism and pre-emptive strikes:

JOHN HOWARD: ...but I just repeat again that if there were a group of people - I'm not talking about a country - I'm talking about a group of people who were threatening Australian lives and there was -

KERRY O'BRIEN: In another country.

JOHN HOWARD: Yes, but Kerry - threatening Australian lives.

My first responsibility is Australian lives.

It transcends any other responsibility that I have in this office.

That is why I've stated what I have.

KERRY O'BRIEN: Whether it's 1 life, 5 lives, 10 lives, you would breach international law, you would breach national sovereignties of other nations?

JOHN HOWARD: Well, Kerry, you're adding all of those descriptions, I'm stating the principle.

KERRY O'BRIEN: They're obvious questions to ask, I would have thought.

It's a very serious proposition?

JOHN HOWARD: I would have thought it was an obvious responsibility of an Australian PM to put the safety of Australian lives ahead of any other consideration.

KERRY O'BRIEN: And as you know in the harsh reality of global politics there are all kinds of things that prime ministers and governments have to balance when they're making tough decisions?

JOHN HOWARD: Of course they do but one of them has to always be a clear-sighted preference for the for the Australian national interest ahead of any other consideration.
So there you have it. International law and another country's sovereignty stand for naught if Mr Howard convinces himself that his "infallible intelligence reports" tell him that there are bad guys under the beds in another country and they're reportedly ready to mount an attack against Australia.

That attitude has so many holes in it it's not even funny. And you know what else is not very funny? The average redneck right wing punter out there thinks Howard's policy is sane. Not only is that not funny, it's downright scary!

I'm being seriously terrorised by John Howard! To whom do I report this person who is seriously threatening the security of this country? Is a pre-emptive strike on The Lodge called for? Isn't it a good thing that I advocate non-violent solutions to these problems?

Vote Howard The Neo-Con out!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Ranting Human said...

Wow... did Howard really say that? He's worse than I thought!

September 25, 2004 4:07 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

He most certainly did. I watched/heard it on TV. That's what made me go to the website to get the transcript. He's a Bush clone. Or perhaps more precisely, he's a neo-con through and through.

September 25, 2004 5:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========