Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Sunday, September 19, 2004

if you leave comments, i promise to love you forever...

Discussing my attitudes to people's comments in my blog, Tony said...
Gerry, you said: "I'm not bothered about what responses I might elicit. I just blog." Actually you said it several times. Can you blame me for thinking this meant that you're not interested in comments?
Ok, good point. And to a degree that's true. So now I'll have to make my disclaimer more specific.

From now on I shall have to say, in a Cognitive Behaviour Therapy kind of way, "Please feel free to share with me your responses to what you read here. Depending on what your response is, I may or may not be interested. Also, be aware that I am free to respond to your response in whatever way I choose." Is this better, Tony? :-)

What I'm not going to say, in a Big Business kind of way, is "Your comments are important to us", or "We value your comments", when in all truth, I have absolutely no idea how much I will value your comment, or how important I will deem it, until after I've seen it.

Poetry, I love it! :-)

7 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Well, all right, but you should not imagine that commenters give a monkey's elbow whether you are interested in their comments or not; they are just commenting. For myself, I can say that you may deem my comment to be of earth-shaking significance or just a load of old wombat-droppings, it's all the same to me, so there.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy shmerapy.
OK, you love poetry, so what? Does adding a silly smiley make this statement of concern to me? And if it is true, why did you not respond to my offer of a translation of the blasphemous French limerick, eh? Pull yourself together, man.

September 19, 2004 7:47 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Tony, I take people's comments at face value, or at least I hope I do. And then I respond to them as I see fit, but I'm not perfect, and that's where the fun starts.

When I said what I said above, I didn't realise that there was a rider on that, and that rider is: "Once I get to know a particular commenter, it may well be that this commenter's comments become important to me." Be assured that you are currently such a commenter.

Why did I not respond to your offer of a translation of a blasphemous French limerick? Forgive me, but I do not remember such an offer. I suffer from short-term memory loss, so perhaps that is the answer, Tony. By all means, please share with us this translation, I'm sure I would enjoy it.

"Pull yourself together, man." I love that. :-)

September 19, 2004 10:47 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

No, if you haven’t bothered to read Other Men's Flowers far enough to find the offer, I’m damned if I’m going to make it easy for you.
You will have to go first to HEREand then to HERE…and even then you won’t actually find it.

(Insert smiley expressing schadenfreude)

September 20, 2004 12:31 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I've sent the obligatory email requesting the translation, you shit-stirring mongrel! :-)

You had me going there for a while...

September 20, 2004 12:25 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Well, I certainly stirred you, you potty-mouthed strine git.
But enough of this exchange of abuse. Actually I think you're one of the good guys and will visit your blog regularly.
Not that you care whether I do or not.

September 20, 2004 8:08 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Tony,

So, you like reading blogs written by potty-mouthed stine gits bloggers, eh?

You're way too kind with your comments. It will only encourage me. I love flattery. Keep it up.

My apologies to those overcome with the irresistible urge to vomit.

September 20, 2004 10:23 PM  
Blogger The Ranting Human said...

Apology accepted.

September 20, 2004 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========