Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, August 21, 2014

Book Review: Raw Man - by Fred Rivera




I've been asked to review Raw Man by Fred Rivera.   Here it s:

Politicians sold us the Vietnam war as a just war, a necessary war.  A massive stack of well researched books has since debunked the blatant lies and warped thinking which led us into that war. Fred Rivera's Raw Man, stripped of all the usual machismo and chest-thumping hero worshiping faux patriotism one often finds in personal accounts of soldiering, gives a brutally honest, soul searing glimpse into the reality of that most stupid of wars, and what it did to the bodies and minds of those who were so callously exploited to serve such dubious imperatives. 

In case you missed the link to the book's website, here it is again: http://rawmanthebook.com/

Even though I've read a free e-copy of the book, I've actually bought a hard copy for my library.  Need I say more?

5 Comments:

Blogger Davoh said...

Just returning your hello.
(though am guessing that it's easier to say hello on my blog comments ... heh).

August 28, 2014 3:23 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

There have been numerous washups on the Vietnam War, most come to similar conclusions, a shameful waste of life and property.
The jewish lawyer P Mendes France, who became the first French PM to serve more than 6 months in office after WW2, pulled his forces out of Indo China in 1954.
I was in Singapore at the time; but living in Johore Bahru across the border, and according to my journal it was the time when Debbie Reynlds married Eddie Fisher, which flopped later. Memories.

Welcome back Gerry.

September 07, 2014 3:13 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Thanks for your comments, Davo and Vesty. Seems we still haven't learned that military intervention is an insane way to do politics (or economics).

September 07, 2014 6:07 PM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

Gerry, I will type: [sigh] because the way I am shaking my head just now does not come across via keyboard. When I first came across your diligent diatribes, I still thought folks like you and I would make a dent in the rape of earth by willful corporate greed. We are nearly a decade on with little more to say than "I told you so".

I consider moving to Teheran after I get my name legally changed to Ayatollah Youso.

I am going to steal your "ceos have all the fun" post for my facebook...to gawdamned funny and truthy to leave over on our side of the Pacific.

June 21, 2015 5:09 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...


Don't give up, GS. America needs people like you, now more than ever.

Thanks for your comments today. They have inspired me to resume blogging.

No shortage of rantworthy stuff out there!

Best wishes.

June 21, 2015 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========