Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Echoes of Vietnam?

It is becoming clearer now that up to 20 US soldiers were involved in the a massacre of 16 civilians in the village of Belandi in the Panjway district of Afghanistan.

Reports are firming up that two groups of about ten soldiers each carried out the massacre.

So why is the US running with what now appears to be a lie, namely, that it was a lone, battle-scarred nutcase identified as Staff Sergeant Robert Bales?

Easy, they are trying to avoid any comparisons with the My Lai massacre in Vietnam. And they are trying to shield the larger group of murderers and its commanding officer. Imagine the stink caused by court marshalling twenty soldiers and their commanding officer.

Much easier to just pin it all on a fall guy. Just another whitewash by the American Empire of War and Lies. Go back to sleep and don't worry about it...

Last Thursday President Hamid Karzai asked the US to pull out all its troops from Afghan villages in response to the killings.

Further reading:

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article30934.htm

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article30906.htm

Update: Lo and behold, the US has bought off the eye witnesses to the tune of $50,000 each. THAT'S how you "manage perceptions".

5 Comments:

Blogger Davoh said...

Gerry, so far those links "prove" nothing, only repeat that "16 civilians in Afghanistan died".

March 18, 2012 3:35 PM  
Blogger Vest said...

First then Russians then British, the Russians once more followed by the U/N who do not learn from the mistakes of others in the past that trying to interpret a differing way of life for the people of Afghanistan is a complete waste of effort. Resumption of former ideals and life style will take place following civil war and the departure of the U N.

March 18, 2012 7:51 PM  
Blogger Gerry said...

Vest, you got it mostly right, except that:
[1] you are calling the US-run posse the U/N,
and
[2] it isn't the UN, it's NATO, a wholly US-owned animal.

This was another American engineered and supervised war.

March 19, 2012 12:27 AM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

I think this somewhat detracts from your theory, but since it is an example of odd behaviour by the US Army, I provide a link:

http://tinyurl.com/6orzcb8

March 23, 2012 11:36 AM  
Blogger Gerry said...

@AndrewM: "While not a special forces operator, Bales was working alongside U.S. commandos at a small combat outpost set up for 'village support operations'..."

And THAT's why he's the fall guy.

Supports my theory.

Protect the Special Forces guys and hang the lowly grunt.

Protect twenty-odd "supersoldiers"(and their CO) and sacrifice one virtual nobody.

That's gotta be the right way to go...

Sad about the local relatives and friends of the dead Afghanis who say different. I guess they're being bought off as we speak, so stand by for them all suddenly changing their stories.

The PR machine would be authorised to spend tens of millions $ on that little whitewash, I can assure you.

March 23, 2012 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

==========
<<<<< Home
==========