Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Commenting on blogs.

If you visit a blog and you're moved to make a comment, how do you feel when you discover that the gutless wonder publishing that blog is so insecure that they won't allow anyone to comment?

Not that I'm much of an angel mind you, what with the comments I "kill" because, in my arrogant opinion, they just don't cut the mustard...

7 Comments:

Blogger lemmiwinks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 15, 2011 9:52 AM  
Blogger phil said...

I consigned a spam comment to spam hell today, first time ever (I think). But for real life comments, having been Graeme Birded early in the life of VVB, nothing else comes close so I would let them through. Mind you, nothing has come remotely close.

Dijon cuts the moutarde.

June 16, 2011 5:59 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Lemmiwinks, I'll publish a comment which I not agree with, as long as it's on topic and it adds something to the debate. i.e. as long as it's intelligent.

Phil, what's a Graeme Bird?

June 16, 2011 10:03 PM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

June 17, 2011 9:39 AM  
Blogger phil said...

Gerry

Very very veeerrryy long story. Obsessive opponent of fiat currency, theories of anthropogenic global warming and most forms of government intervention. He used to be a regular at Catallaxy before even they banned him, as he has I believe been banned at lots of other places because of a, shall we say, highly individual style of discourse.

June 17, 2011 6:56 PM  
Blogger iODyne said...

an innoffensive comment I made at a blog I used to visit regularly, a person I have met many times happily, was deleted, and I can never go back there again. the comment was innocuous, but did not comply with the absolutely humourless intractibility of feminists under 40 who work for our government. they are very very easily upset. and so was I.
I have deleted commentors who abuse other commentors. that is very rude and I stand by it. have a fight at your own blog but not at mine.
As I keep saying though, the ethernet is The Big Kids Yard.
even Congressmen find that out.

June 24, 2011 10:25 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Phil, that dude sounds like fun. Hope he lobs here, I'll drive him mad.

Stacksie, I hear where you're coming from. I too have been offended by harsh reactions to my comments, but then again, I'm no angel either, so I should just cop it sweet.

June 25, 2011 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========