Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happy New Year !!!

One sunny day in 2008, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President George W. Bush."

The Marine replied, "Sir, Mr. Bush is no longer President and doesn't reside here."
The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President George W. Bush".

The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Bush is no longer President and doesn't reside here."
The man thanked him and again walked away . . .

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with President George W. Bush."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Bush. I've told you already several times that Mr. Bush is not the President anymore and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"

The old man answered, "Oh, I understand you fine, I just love hearing your answer!"
The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow"

From an email sent to me by Ariel.

6 Comments:

Blogger JahTeh said...

Just in time for Christmas, a universal joke where we only need to change the names.

I'm so used to the rodent being in charge that I have to remind myself to stop wondering what the little shit is doing when I see a "PM is..." headline.

Speaking of Christmas, may your Cab Sav be blessed and of superior quality and unending quantity.

December 18, 2007 7:30 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ahhh JT, goodtoseeyou're still reading this blog (or should that read "bog"?).

Hmmm... Am I a blogger or a bogger... Hmmm...

Merry X-Mas, Old Girl...

I must hop over to your blog and say something embarrassing...

I'm not doing Cab Sav any more. Drinking and antidepressants don't mix I'm told. Although I did stock up on 2.5 dozen cans of beer and a bottle of Jack Daniels just today... SWMBO is away visitng her folks in QLD, so I'm drowning my sorrows (or some such thing...)
Have a Good One, JahTeh.

December 21, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Nice jokeses. Have a good - or better - 2008. The Jack Daniels should kick it off nicely.

December 21, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Thanks, Phil, and may 2008 be kind to you too.

Got a recipe for making some sort of liqueur with JD? I tried some honey and cloves with it last time, but I wasn't that impressed with my efforts. I guess I'm trying to invent a Drambouie-style liqueur based on JD.

Weird, eh?

December 21, 2007 10:42 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Whatever the home brewing equivalent of "floats your boat" is, I guess. I can't imagine how you'd turn JD into Drambuie, apart from drinking the JD and buying some Drambuie to replace it...

Apart from a batch of ginger beer for Mrs VVB, I haven't brewed for a year because when I offered to take a stack of tallies off someone's hands, they mostly turned out to be full (the doings of said person's father over a period of several years) and pretty drinkable. I'm still hoeing through it.

December 21, 2007 11:30 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Phil, I have this urge to DO something to the JD inorder to tryto make it more SIPPABLE. Otherwise I just guzzle the shit way too fast and get really pissed and post objectionable stuff on this blog...

Hic...

December 22, 2007 12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========