Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, December 10, 2007

serving corruption...

I attended a small anti-war protest at Sydney Town Hall today. And while I was telling one of the other protesters about my background, she said that she wanted to acknowledge me for having served my country.

This took me a bit by surprise. So I pointed out to her that whilst at the time I believed that I was serving my country, I subsequently realised that I was in fact serving only the corrupt elements of this country, and that it took me years to finally figure this out.

I always was a bit slow...

I also pointed out that most veterans are more interested in justifying the mass murder they participated in than doing the hard yards to read enough to enable them to cut through the "fog of war" and get a bit closer to the real machinations behind the wars they fought in - some even believe it would be akin to treason to do such a thing.

[sigh]

2 Comments:

Blogger marvin said...

Were there any supporters of hizbollah there? In the UK we get a lot of terrorist supporters at 'anti-war' marches.

December 10, 2007 4:55 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Hi Marvin, no,there were no people there I could identify as being supporters of Hizbollah. But there were a couple there who might have been members of Mossad... It's so hard to tell...

But you have reminded of the big anti-Iraq war demo I marched in in 2003. I was right in the first few rows of the march and all around me were very angry looking middle eastern men with Palestinian flags.

It was a noisy march with lots of loud chanting. The chant was repetitious "No War!" and every so often these dudes would try to hijack the chant and change it to "Kill Bush!" but whenever they started up, a whole lot of us would drown their chants out with VERY LOUD chants of "No War" right over the top of them. They eventually got the message and settled back into a steady unified chant of "No War!"

December 10, 2007 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========