Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son...

A Hard Rain's A-gonna Fall... Apologies to Bob Dylan...

For the last three months or so I've been involved with the Blue Mountains Greens' election campaign. I could tell you many things of riveting interest, dear reader, alas, most of the interesting will never be made public by me. Suffice to say that the experience was as unsettling for the dear old Greens as it was for me... But a good result was achieved nevertheless... There, that's enough goss for you on that topic...

And I'm back blogging... I don't think I have any readers left, but that's not a problem, I like talking to myself...

On a more cheery note, I read in The Australian, that more US military veterans had killed themselves in one year than the number of American soldiers who have died in Iraq since 2003, it was claimed yesterday.

At least 6256 US veterans took their own lives in 2005, at an average of 17 a day, according to figures broadcast last night. Former servicemen are more than twice as likely than the rest of the population to commit suicide.

Such statistics compare to the total 3863 US military deaths in Iraq since the invasion in 2003 -- an average of 2.4 a day, according to the website icasualties.org.

So, get stuffed, the lot of youse... ;-)

(Thanks to Mike Ballard for the heads-up on the article in The Australian)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========