Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, March 08, 2007

the rich have kids and the poor have abortions...

For GS... ;-)

From the Washington Post:
The culture is shifting, and marriage has almost become a luxury item, one that only the well educated and well paid are interested in.
A Bible-belt corollary of this could be "the rich are Christians, the poor are heathens". They're not too far from having such an "epiphany"... They're already peddling the crap that if you're poor there's no one to blame but yourself... Jesus is spinning in his grave... Jesus was, after all, first and foremost, a communist.

But we know that such capitalist claptrap is not restricted to that vile inversion of Jesus's teachings which has become known as "Christianity". "New Age" thinking shares this view. As does the cult of "Positive Thinking".

It's all part of the crap which says that "everyone can win". That's pure propaganda. It obscures the fact that in a competitive environment of n competitors, only 1/n can win. The rest, to varying degrees, lose. And capitalism is all about creating a competitive environment.

So now, over-population issues devolve into a world in which the rich get to marry and have the "legitimate" kids, and the poor get to be demonised for rearing "bastards" or having abortions...

Totally unrelated of course, but I remember a time, circa 1986, when I made the firm and binding decision not to have any kids on the basis that (a) I could not afford to give them the lifestyle I thought they deserved, and (b) I would make a lousy father anyway. I think I've proven myself right on both counts. Countless unborn kids are thanking me profusely for making such an enlightened choice... The applause of the unborn is deafening...

GS, do you still think you have the luxury of conveniently side-stepping the difficult issue of over-population, knowing, as you do, that the default outcome is that the rich get to call the game? ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger GreenSmile said...

No, Gerry, I have not excused myself from the campaign. As soon as I perfect my neutron bomb and my universal sperm antigen microbe, I will weigh in.

Doing is necessary because talking is almost counterproductive...what good have the ZPG organizations accomplished? What have they accomplished at all beside becoming targets for fundamentalists?

No one but us crazies is listening to this line of argument. "Multiply and be frightful" is the ancient commandment that STILL resonates in the unreasoning brain. We are so screwed.

March 09, 2007 5:25 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Dare I point out, GS, that ZPG is no longer good enough? We need to DECIMATE the global population if we want to continue to consume at the rate we are and continue to crank up our lifestyles and still pay homage to sustainability.

Peak oil? Hah! What about peak water, peak lead, peak copper, peak tuna, peak timber.

When will the "developed" world learn that their lifestyle can only be maintained by trashing the planet? All else is just obfuscation.

But who among us will be first to wander off into the ever more scarce "natural habitat" to go back to a lifestyle which is harmonious with nature?

Who among us will be the first to admit we humans have reached plague proportions and and start to remedy the situation in the only ethical way by topping ourselves? Never going to happen.

What is going to happen, as things become more desperate and frightening, is that we'll regress more and more towards xenophobia, racism, and religious lunacy, and we'll convince ourselves that God is on our side as we slaughter all those who are not of our cultural ilk. And those who are prepared to kill the greatest number will be the winners.

The forces of Mordor are already winding back multiculturalism and all the other institutions based on a One World, One Humanity concept. Tribalism is back in vogue.

I guess the "smart" tribes are lining up to do the war dance with America.

Excuse me if I sit this one out and merely add a bit of light relief by hurling abuse from the sidelines...

Hey! I wonder if I could sue Uncle Sam for totally fucking my life!!! I'm not greedy, a couple of million would do me...

March 09, 2007 9:12 AM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

peak lead? peak tuna? you crazy old bear! don't you know we now put the lead IN the damn tuna along with the mercury? Thats what is going to lead to retardation and start to curb population....

no, wait, hold on minu..

Drat! part of the reason there are so many of us is that we already are retarded.

I give up Gerry.

I owe you and Davo a post in answer to your question "who among us" will make do with less. Won't be a very convincing answer of course.

March 09, 2007 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========