Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

censorship...

What's with so many blogs these days having comment moderation enabled?

I tell you what it's NOT about... It's not about blocking spam. I don't see any spam.

I suspect it's about keeping the censorship secret.

What do I mean? I mean, if I see a comment on my blog which I feel I really must delete, by the time I do so, there's a pretty good chance someone's already seen it and therefore I risk being asked about why I deleted it. This way I can be held accountable to the readers. But with comment moderation enabled, I can make your comment disappear and no one knows I'm doing it.

It must be very appealing to blogging fascists...

3 Comments:

Blogger JahTeh said...

Some people are a bit precious (not you Phil)about unladylike language in their comments. Tim Blair apparently has someone to moderate for him so only the syncophants get through.

March 07, 2007 7:34 PM  
Blogger phil said...

I genuinely welcome unladylike language!!! If I was surrounded by ladies I'd be genuinely scared!

More generally, I think people damn themselves (not you JT) by their own comments, so why not let 'em hang? I fail this test wrt the current federal government, but I think special exemptions should apply to that situation...

March 07, 2007 8:56 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

JahTeh, I don't know why anyone would read Tim Blair. then again, I don't know why anyone would read THIS blog...

Phil, about people hanging themselves by their own comments... Yep, that's me. :-(

March 08, 2007 12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========