Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, March 09, 2007

oops... sorry... mistake...

So there I was, driving down the highway, a fraction over the speed limit, when the cops pull me over... Quick as a flash, I said "Sorry officer, it was a mistake." Well, I still got a ticket... Not to be deterred, I opted to contest it in court... "Your Honour, it was a mistake" I plead. Bad luck. I was found guilty. End of story. So, that's what happens if you're a mere citizen...

Now... If you're a politician... Whole new ball game...

You can consign three million Vietnamese to death in a war which, forty years later, you admit "was a mistake"...

You invade Iraq based on a pack of lies, killing hundreds of thousands of people, and when cornered, mutter stuff like "we made a mistake"...

Back to Joe Citizen... If I kill one person, I cannot weasel out of it by claiming it was all "just a mistake".

So how come politicians can be the architects of war (mega-mass-murder) and weasel out of it with throw-away lines like "we made a mistake"?

Why are they not held to account for the thousands, hundreds of thousands, millions of lives they liquidate with their decisions, yet you and I get booked for speeding...

Answer me that !!!

VIVA LA REVOLUCION !!!

8 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

"Guided"? Don't you mean "misguided"?

March 10, 2007 7:15 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

And another thing... doesn't it make you a bit nervous knowing there are monkeys in charge of vast amounts of nuclear weapons? Monkeys flying around in Apache attack helicopters, B-52 bombers? Monkeys in charge of our "security" organisations?

I'm getting scared...

March 10, 2007 7:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

A different law for the powerful -- always has been. The proletariat is taught to live in fear by punishment.

March 10, 2007 11:05 AM  
Blogger 3rdLibra said...

Society, as we know it, is one big illusion. "We the people" means merely "those with deep pockets." The poor, the destitute, those without political ties mean nothing. This is why we are guilty, this is why "i made a mistake" doesn't work for us, because we are just one vote. We have no real political sway when it comes down to brass tacks. I've been arrested, and how did I get that taken care of? Family that did have ties to people within the municipal offices. Not because I was innocent or guilty, they didn't care about that, they only cared about the contribution that my family makes to certain aspects within the community. Funny how these things work anymore. Funny how money fixes everything... but there's still people starving, and not just in third world countries but right down the block from me. There's still people dying because they can't pay for medical benefits. But the rich people are happy, and that's all that matters, right?

March 10, 2007 12:20 PM  
Blogger phil said...

Speeding is bad, m'kay?

Politics is good.

Lying is exceptional, 'specially to enrich yerself and yer mates..

March 10, 2007 6:00 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Jennifer, Krista, Phil, a couple of question then:

(1) Where is there any real democracy?

(2) Why bother voting where there is not any real democracy?

March 11, 2007 11:29 AM  
Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

(1) Where is there any real democracy?
NOWHERE. Australia is the same as China, only our govt is kidding itself.

(2) Why bother voting where there is not any real democracy?
SO YOU CAN VOTE for any candidate other than the big two, to show em plenty of people hate 'em.


re speeding: when i thought I was driving under the limit, I was not.

The speedometer can be affected by non-original tyres on the car.
Who knew?
When i bought my robust little Seca CSX some years ago, it had wide tyres and non-standard wheels - and i had no idea this would mean I could be travelling faster than the gauge showed.
Cost me $125 to learn the lesson though.

March 12, 2007 3:12 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Brownie, I vote Greens for exactly that reason. But with the corrupt "two party preferred" system, I may as well be voting for Labor. It sucks, I tell you! It's a system where you can vote for any party you like, as long as it's Liberals or Labor. Where's the democracy in that? It's f*cking corrupt, that's what it is! Grrrrrrrrrrrr...

Yep, gotta watch tyre size. Sorry to hear about the fine. Send HoWARd to Gitmo! Send Hicks home!

March 12, 2007 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========