Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Sunday, December 04, 2005

feed my ego (again and again and again)...

Blogging is frequently self-indulgent. Narcissistic even. Add to that a broad streak of self-doubt, anxiety, and insecurity, and you have my profile down pat.

So why do you (yes, YOU) keep coming back here? Is there something seriously wrong with you? Are you in need of some radical therapy? And if you're a chick, is this blog a chick magnet for you, and if so, why? What!?!? I want to know who's responsible!!!

Chumpsrock has set the ball rolling with this comment (lifted from elsewhere):
OK I'll bite.

10 reasons diogenesian discourse
is supreme:

1. Stolen discourse used to represent your own log (Why I Hate Weblogs)

2. Chosen news links

3. Your mysterious relationship with Martha Wainwright

4. Application of insta-knowledge acquired from Wikipedia

5. Regurgitating rants from the past in an effort to further initial profoundness

5. I keep a low profile, but I beg the question: what will save Americans and the rest of the world from America?

6. The disclaimer

7. Veteran status

8. My own personal curiosity of the world outside of America

9. Accurately accounting for thought mazes via words alone

10. You look great in a straight-jacket
So now, if you're a regular reader, it's your turn to explain yourself!

19 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Chumpsrock, Martha and I are barely good friends. In fact we've hardly ever met... In fact, she probably doesn't even remember meeting me. I have the same problem... Thanks for your very kind comments. Very generous too. And welcome to my hell hole. Are you a chick? ;-)

December 04, 2005 7:35 PM  
Blogger Mother Sharon Damnable said...

I'm a chickety chick!

Blond hair(long) blue eyes, nice big firm bazukas, working on the waist line, some guy last week told me I had nice legs, only 5'3" but hey size isn't everything.

I believe despite the geography we are pretty much in the same hell hole.

G'day Jerry

December 04, 2005 9:49 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

MD, I've been to your blog. You have no excuse to be in a hell hole. You have the power of magic to get yourself out of whatever pickle you find yourself in.

Magician, fix yourself!!!

Pick up thy pentogram and walk!

Sheesh! Amateurs...

December 04, 2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

By the way, MD, it's Gerry with a G...

Grrrrrrrrr...

December 04, 2005 10:08 PM  
Blogger Mother Sharon Damnable said...

chuckle, we all do though don't we?

In case you hadn't noticed I just flew by the other side of the world, it's everyone this time me old mucca.

Oh I'm not in a pickle, I just put them in the pot and eat with relish :>)

I was speaking in much more general terms. Hell on Earth kinda thing.

Thanks for visiting my blog, fly by anytime.

I am truly sorry for getting your name wrong, there's nothing like a slapped wrist to focus again :>)

Gerry! Gerry! Gerry!

December 04, 2005 11:02 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Look, MD, it's not my fault,ok? JT made me do it. She started this Chick Magnet thread. And now I find this blog has degenerated into a cyberspacial bondage dungeon with me as it's master. I do this job reluctantly, you undersand.

Answer the question!!! In fact, you can all follow chumpsrock's example and give me ten reasons why you keep coming back here!!!

December 05, 2005 7:13 AM  
Blogger chumpsrock said...

11. Your unique reaction to a compliment

December 05, 2005 7:26 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Chumpsrock, I have a very dark side too. I have been known to verbally decapitate people. And then there's my rabid anti-American-ness which you've no doubt picked up on already and obviously forgiven me for or you wouldn't be commenting so genereously. I thank you for that as well. (I'm feeling very human today. Tomorrow could be another story :-)

Ron, GIVE ME TEN !!!

December 05, 2005 7:49 AM  
Blogger chumpsrock said...

12. Capable of verbal decapitation

But I'm still waiting for your next post.

December 05, 2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger chumpsrock said...

13. Oplan Gandhi

December 05, 2005 3:51 PM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Whips, dungeon, master, dark side.

Oooooh replace the bear in the straightjacket with a one-eyed rat wrapped in chains.

That'll bring in a new crowd.

December 05, 2005 4:14 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ron, I don't think you need to feel inadequate. Am I doing anything which makes you feel that way? If so, it would be unintentional and I apologise.

Chumpsrock, enough! Stop it! My ego will explode. I'm starting to have delusions of adequacy. This can only end in tears. The devil made me do it... I was drunk at the time...

JahTeh, I don't think I want to attract a crowd in such a manner... And look at the trouble you've caused already! And you still haven't explained yourself! But your blog sure rocks! I'd hate to get on the wrong side of you... Scary concept, that...

December 05, 2005 5:35 PM  
Blogger D said...

Any prizes for this?

December 05, 2005 7:58 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yes, Deirdre. There is a prize. You get a nice warm glow from knowing that you've shared your opinions about this blog in an unrepressed, non-bashful way. I don't care whether it's "positive" or "negative" feedback. All feedback is good if it's genuine. And no one should feel they are obliged to give feedback.

December 05, 2005 10:24 PM  
Blogger Davoh said...

The bear is APOLOGISING?? Sheesh, am going to have to remove you from the links list.

December 05, 2005 10:26 PM  
Blogger D said...

No good. I just wanted a prize.

December 05, 2005 11:07 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Davo, I often apologise. Because I'm often wrong.

Deirdre, you can have your prize -if you're prepared to play the game. No play, no prize.

December 05, 2005 11:19 PM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

I am so contrite about the damage to your vile reputation. I have tried to repair it at my blog :P

December 06, 2005 4:08 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Go downstairs to the dungeon! If I'm not there in five minutes, carry on without me!

December 06, 2005 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========