Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

the earth is flat... again...

I can't sleep. Again. Depressed. Again. So here I am, again. Hopelessness. Pointlessness. And that general lack of motivation. Flatness. Emptiness. A feeling of burnt-outness. Everything's just too hard. Even blogging. And yet it also feels like self-pity. And laziness. Am I just a no-hoper? A loser? Too piss-weak to get up off my arse and kick my pathetic life into some sort of shape? Should someone just put me out of my misery? We all know I'm too gutless to do it myself.

Happy pills. Are they the answer? I keep reading about people going onto happy pills and then a few months later topping themselves or committing some kind of mass murder. It scares me.

Others seem to behave like they're on "complacency drugs". I knew this guy who was a really excellent social commentator till he went on Prozac. Since then he's been so chemically blissed-out it seems he can't see anything wrong with society anymore. It's like he had a chemical lobotomy.

I dunno...

How many times will I bore you with tales from the bottom of the depression pit? How much of this can you stand? Why do you bother?

Whatever you do, don't feel like you have to comment - I'm just ranting...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a good rant! Vomit for the mind, or something...

May 10, 2005 10:27 AM  
Blogger D said...

Thanks for that image, Guy...
LOL

The earth isn't flat all the time, Gerry. I hope the mountains and deep seas reappear any time now. Hold on, hold out, et cetera. They'll be back.

May 10, 2005 8:39 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

No doubt Guy, you bags first go at the bits of carrot?

Yes, Deirdre, it will get better. It always has in the past. And then it always got worse again...

If I had my shit together I wouldn't read a blog like this one. I'd be too busy screwing someone in order to get rich. That's how it's done, isn't it?

I told you it was hopeless...

May 10, 2005 11:16 PM  
Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

recent media about 'people on antidepressants kill themselves' irritated the shit outta me. read my lips: they were depressed FIRST. happy people don't go on the medication. happy people don't end it all.

I think maybe the suicides of people on SSIs occur when a tolerance has developed. the person thinks: 'shit I am on the drug but I still feel bad so there is no hope'.

changing brand or strength may be the answer. it's no big deal.
I think blog writing and commenting can help get one 'outside one's self'. works for me. peace and love.

May 22, 2005 10:55 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Sorry, Brownie, but I don't trust doctors, shrinks or the drug companies when it comes to substances which alter "brain chemistry".

Rather than do a lengthy reply here explaining why, I'll do a new post on this sometime soon. OK?

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words. Much appreciated.

May 23, 2005 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========