Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, April 14, 2005

apologies to bloglines subbies...

If you subscribe to this blog via Bloglines, you're probably starting to hate my guts by now. I've only just realised (d'oh) that if I edit a post (even a minor edit), bloglines picks it up as a new post and chucks it back up in your face. And I'm a chronic re-edit obsessive.

My humblest apologies.

So, Blogliners, is there a way I can stop Bloglines from seeing re-edits unless I want it to? (I've been to their "help" thing but that was no help at all.)

How annoying is it for you?

Do you think my nose is too crooked?

Anything you want to say to me will be fine (including "get a life". :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

Hmmm... That made me think, fox...

I hate that...

Ok, well, can you see the blogroll in the right-hand sidebar? Well, that's one way because it resides at Blogger and is not computer-resident. In fact a point about blogrolls: If bookmarking is your aim, then linking to blogs with great blogrolls is the go. But your blogroll should (I hate that word) contain the links to all of the blogs you don't want to lose track of.

Now a thing like Bloglines allows you to also store a blog roll there and it automatically notifies you every time a blog there is updated.

Another point about being a computer-butterfly: Have a book or digital organiser in which you have all the usernames, passwords stored. Including those needed to access newspaper sites where you had to register.

Other readers might have more to contribute here as well.

April 15, 2005 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the edits. I too am a constant fiddler.

- barista

April 16, 2005 3:06 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yeah, Barista, there ought to be a function within Bloglines where you can tell it not to react to minor amendments together with another function which allows you to make it republish as an update.

About this "anonymous" thing, Barista, surely Blogger users are large enough in number to warrant your good self getting a Blogger account and setting up your profile?

It would put a "Barista said..." link on every comment you leave on a Blogger blog.

How do you do that?

If you don't actually create a blog with Blogger, just tick the "share my profile" box and create the barest of profiles.

Fill in "barista" for the "Display name".

There's a part in the profile which allows you to display your existing blog's URL - it's under "general" and its called, surprise, surprise, "Homepage URL". If you fill this field in, then when people go to your profile they can click on the link there to go to your blog.

Do it, boy!

April 16, 2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Fox, sorry I hadn't got around to your previous comment. I was still trying to figue out what sort of a book to recommend to you. I'll be right over to look at what you've come up with.

April 16, 2005 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========