Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

media matters...

I wasn't going to do this, but it seems I must...

I keep seeing this stuff being implied by the usual suspects that the Catholic church is somehow doing something wrong by trying every PR stunt possible to maximise the publicity value of the pope's passing. Is there anything wrong with that? If so, what?

Waiting...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

My policy in general is that using the death of anyone for publicity or political reasons is generally not okay, unless it is done in a tasteful manner that would have been okay with the deceased. Operating under the assumption that any pope would want to promote Catholicism, then I think that using his death to do so is okay.

April 07, 2005 4:43 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Hi Jenni, yeah, I don't have a big problem either, but a few lefties over here, having vomited copiously about the pope's mass-murder of millions of aids sufferers by his expression of a doctrinal objection to the use of condoms, thinking they're on a roll, have slammed the Vatican for daring to use slick PR to maximise a positive spin for the Catholic church.

Yet I venture to say this same mob wouldn't bat an eyelid if a left-wing organisation went all-out on a PR exploitation trip.

I really am getting a bit peeved with their hypocrisy and blatant bias.

April 07, 2005 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========