Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, April 21, 2005

...yawn...

Seems you're not a serious blogpundit unless you're ranting about the new pope.

Oh fucking YAWN, guys! Stop playing with it... It'll grow all by itself... Have you all gone over to the dork side of the farce?

There! I too have done a piece on the pope now. So now Nic has to include me in his
long link list
of papal pontificators as well. Go, Nic!

Of course, I'm still impresssed with the kind of solidarity that causes five million people to gather for a funeral. Perhaps the real lesson here is "How can we do that!" Imagine if you could get five million to go to Rome to demonstrate peacefully for gay rights, or women's rights, or to Washington to protest against the US's global meddlings - now THAT might make a difference! Imgine THAT, and stop boring people shitless with crap about God's Rottweiler. Speaking of dogs, that reminds me:

Question: What would you get if you crossed an agnostic insomniac with a dyslexic.

Answer: A guy who would stay up all night wondering whether or not there is a dog.

6 Comments:

Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

Woof!............Woof Woof!

April 21, 2005 9:20 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

There are so many ways to interpret your comment, Brownie. ;-)

April 21, 2005 9:38 PM  
Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

My garden is pretty damn good thanks Ron.
I am now logging off to read a great book I discovered via Boynton's blog and got from the local library today (after searching their catalogue online to confirm it was available).
I don't waste any time watching TV and I insist that the internet is much more help in my life than hindrance. I communicate from the country with my children in Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne, and I save money and paper by reading newspapers online. I have dumbells for exercise during downloads.
I was brought up in a family split by religious disagreement and I think the Pope is the antichrist.

April 22, 2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Wow, Ron, the old 666, number of the beast thingie, eh? [chuckle]

Well then Ronald, you would of course know about Ronald Wilson Reagan (count the letters in each name) and you would know all of the biblical references highlighted by
this website
, yes?

But none of this has anything to do with the main thrust (now there's another word with more than one meaning) of my post, and that those who feel their cause is great need to spend less energy attacking their perceived enemies, and focus more on how to get more people educated to the wisdom and rightness of their cause, hopefully to the point where they can mobilise 5 million to assemble in one place (strategically chosen for maximum effect) to make their point felt. That was my message - not to misdirect one's energery on ad hominem attacks, put-downs, lies and mud slinging, but rather direct it towards educating as many as possible using fact and reason, and motivating people to become active, again in a non-attacking way. Just let your truth set them free. I suspect I'm again (still) trying to teach that which I most need to learn...

In any case, Ron, I'm not directing my rant at you personally. It's meant to be a general thing.

Don't you just hate smart arses like myself? :-)

April 22, 2005 11:27 PM  
Blogger Nora said...

Nice.

April 24, 2005 11:14 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Hi Nora. :-)

April 24, 2005 10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========