Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

john pilger speaks to hyde park rally...

Speaking in Sydney, Australia, March 20, 2005, at a rally to commemorate the second anniversary of the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq, John Pilger said that his compatriots who opposed the invasion should be proud of their achievements and those of millions like them.
Transcript of his speech >>>

And whilst we're on the subject of the worldwide protests on March 20, there is a neat photo here taken in Heroes Place, Budapest, Hungary.

6 Comments:

Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

thanks for the photo - the organisers of that demonstration really Value Added to the rally of like minds. of course hungarians know a thing or two about invasion.
I can remember seeing the early 1960's anti nuclear demonstrators on newsfilm, and they were portrayed as nutters.
Pilger has very strong and enduring principles and has been standing up for them for as long as that CND symbol has been around.

March 23, 2005 7:05 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Glad you liked it. I saw first saw the photo in the SMH on Monday(?) but I couldn't find it on their website so I surfed till I found it, and rather than filch the image and possibly infringe copyright I linked to the German site. (Too much information?)

Pilger is not taken seriously enough by centrists and righ-wingers. Only lefties seem to realise how important what he brings us is. (Am I stating the bleeding obvious?

March 23, 2005 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many scoff, some even say he fabricates, but he'll always be one of my heroes.

DS

March 28, 2005 6:23 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

DS, blogger's been slow again I see. I've deleted the multiple duplications.

When Blogger is slow (or looks like it's frozen) if you hit the "Login and Publish" button more than once, you will get duplications. It's a bummer, I know. It's got me meanytimes too.

Not to worry... :-)

Now, about Pilger. I respect him, but if anyone says thay can prove he fabricated stuff, I'd like to see what they've got to say. And that would include a large sample of such a person's other writings so that I can get a bit of a contextual picture of who it is that's making such an allegation.

March 28, 2005 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard a few comments when I was living in Oz. No evidence offered though. And most yanks never heard of him.

DS

March 28, 2005 12:45 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

It seems there's a lot most yanks have never heard of. But nothing stops them reading Blum, Vidal, Chomsky et al except their own unwillingness to read any criticism of their "wonderful" country.

I think a new tactic by the rest of the world is in order and that is to give every yank they meet a mouthful so that they are left in no doubt about just how stupid, corrupt and downright evil American foreign policy has been for the last 100 years.

I think a global revival of the "Yankee Go Home" campaign is way overdue. I remember in the sixties and seventies you saw this kind of graffity everywhere.

March 28, 2005 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========