Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Sunday, February 20, 2005

what does it mean...

Watching the X-Factor on TV... This dude sang "come on baby, let me shake you down".

Well... What does that mean? I know, I'm a 58 year old Old Fart, but I ask you,
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN ?!?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I'm a 23 year old non-old fart, and I'm not sure exactly what that means. Sounds sexual to me, and if someone said it to me, I would probably respond by shaking something, but I doubt the speaker would enjoy it. :)

February 21, 2005 10:23 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I kinda thought it was sexual too. I was wondering how effective a line like that would be among today's younger generation, and your answer suggests this dude better find a new script writer for his lines.

Love your pic. So cute.

February 21, 2005 10:40 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Oh, and another thing, Jenni, is that (non-old) fart, or non-(old fart)? Inquiring minds and all that... :-)

February 21, 2005 12:49 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Glad you like the pic. I was quite stylish back in the day with my sunglasses, eh?

As for your inquiring mind...I would say non-(old fart). In my mind, the phrase implies someone who is a bit stuffy and long-winded. I'm long-winded, but not stuffy. And, for the record, I don't think you are stuffy at all, Gerry. :)

February 21, 2005 4:28 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Très stylish indeed, Jenni. And judging from your other pic, you've only improved since then... Now, let's stop this sickening behaviour before we cause global mass vomiting, the oceans are rising fast enough as it is...

February 21, 2005 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know the interpretation by the young wippersnippers but the traditional shake down is a hold up.

Closely related to dressing down.

Ze oldest phart

February 22, 2005 7:02 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I think the dude must mean something else though.

Good to see you're well on the way to becoming a blogger. It starts by commenting on others' blogs and then, bingo, the epiphany occurs. You have the mind-boggling realisation that you could do it too - and there you are.
Blogging your head off. :-)

February 22, 2005 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========