Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, February 17, 2005

a cartoon is worth a thousand words...



It started with the above political cartoon which I found on Suki's blog (yes, I'm currently plundering her blog). The cartoonist's name is Clay Bennett. He's to be found on the Christian Science Monitor's website (which surprised me.) I looked at many of his cartoons on the following sites and I was impressed. And so might you be... Check it out some more...

Here ... and here.

And if you want a whole bunch of politcal cartoonists accessible from one site, go here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does that cartoonist's presence at CSM surprise you? CSM actually does a fair bit of decent reporting, despite the wackiness of the underlying religion.

February 18, 2005 2:45 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Because, paperwight, in my whacky universe, religions, especially the three big Western ones (C, I, & J) are the breeding grounds for delusion, insanity and all manner of inhumanity dresses up as righteousness.

Anyway, what's a nice young sane middle class person such as yourself doing linking to this stupid old fart's blog? If people find that out, your credibility will go down the gurgler so fast you won't have time to say "doomsayers suck".

And another thing, shouldn't your nick be "paperweight"? I mean, what the fuck is a paperwight? Oh, and if I end up offending you, don't worry, that's just my forté. In the end I always offend, especially Yanks it seems...

Thanks for dropping by. I like your blog too. (kissy, kissy, smooch)

February 18, 2005 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Responses in order:

1) Yeah, fair enough, though not exclusively, and for some reason, the CSM seems pretty good.

2) I haff my reasonsss. Specifically, you have interesting things to say. Also, why on earth would anyone think (a) I'm nice or sane, or (b)I have any credibility anyway?

3) Paperwight is actually a (mostly self-deprecating) triple pun. not that it matters. And I'm not worried about being offended. If I were, I probably would not have linked you. I did read you for a while before I did so.

4) Goodness, but we're sardonic, aren't we? Well [air kisses] for you too, sweetie.

February 18, 2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

(1) OK, I'll check it out then, but God help you if I don't like what I read there!
(2) Keep flattering me. It helps feed my delusions of adequacy.
(3)I looked it up. So you're luckless? Wretched? Et tu? Next you'll become cynical and sardonic as well no doubt. Then we'll have to start the Diogenesian Club International.
(4) I didn't choose the name Diogenes for nothing you know..

February 18, 2005 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========