Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

you vill now giff me zee ansers!!! verstehen sie?

So I'm going on and on about the world's problems as I see them. And it's getting pretty boring and depressing. Then again, what do you expect from a card-carrying cynic and depressive? Huh?

But I would like this blog to also focus on solutions.

It's OK to rant about the problems, but what's the point if one doesn't then try to figure out solutions. Sounds pretty defeatist to me...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Sounds like an excellent plan.

February 15, 2005 1:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I realised tonight that we are completely powerless, Ron, when I was watching an SBS program (see Blather for more info). It showed me just how irrelevant the general populace is, to politicians and those in power (and yes I made the distinction deliberately). We dont stand a chance. Solutions? Finding solutions is easy...once you know what the *real* problem is. However, the bastards lie so much you never know.

February 15, 2005 10:16 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

One problem is that people opt for powerlessness. They fail to see the power the have if they act collectively. Another problem is unity - i.e. agreeing on what it is that we will act collectively. The bastards know how to divide and conquer. No wonder "democracy" is their favoured politic. They can manipulate it. But if we just sit here and say we have no power, then we have no power. I call that self-disenfranchisement or self-disempowerment. And I know all about that. It's where I've been at for the last ten years. I still don't know how to get out of here, but I recognise that staying where I'm at is doom.

Blaming others is convenient, but it also ascribes all power to them and robs us of any possibility of power.
What pisses me off is that there are people out there who have brilliant qualifications, great educations, heaps of erudition, and all they're interested in is intellectualising and academic preening, instead of educating and leading. Wankers, I call them.

February 15, 2005 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========