Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Saturday, July 02, 2011

The best policies money can buy...

Once again we have Big Business running multi-million dollar political advertising campaigns in order to influence public opinion. This time it's the Big Polluters seeking to "educate" the public about what's "wrong" with a tax on carbon.

So here's the new, improved political cycle:

[1] MegaCorp runs megabuck campaigns to brainwash the public.

[2] Public opinion polls reflect these new, 'improved', 'whiter than white' opinions.

[3] The government becomes unpopular and either abandons its policy or it gets voted out of office.

[4] Either way, MegaCorp gets the policies it wants.

Who said democracy doesn't work?

3 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

We can be flippant about it; we can be apathetic about it; but unless we, the people, retake control of politics, the almighty dollar will continue to rule, to the detriment of all.

Alas, this message will go nowhere :-(

I used to drown my sorrows in quantities of red wine, but my liver has rebelled. :-(

I guess it'll be mind-numbing anti-depressants again.

July 07, 2011 5:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear your liver has rebelled, although if you were hitting it with 3 bottles of red a night, then it might be inevitable.

I'm not convinced by your push for the people to take control of politics. The State of California has arguably the most democratic system in the world, with the people able to directly vote on all sorts of issues via referendum. The result has been that the state is practically ungovernable, as Arnie found out.

July 08, 2011 1:24 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Well, Andrew, I think that just about proves democracy is a failed experiment and we should develop a better system. I'm totally sick of the "business as usual" slide into neo-feudalism.

Thanks be to the non-existent gods that I won't be around too much longer, because I'm convinced it will soon get quite ugly indeed.

The meanest, cruelest and the most brutal will be those who will survive. Not a world I want to be part of.

July 08, 2011 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========