Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Sunday, April 06, 2008

researching mead...

I've been drinking a bit of mead lately. SWMBO queried this and my reply was "I'm doing research, dear." I don't think she believes me.

Back in the days when I could be found meandering the hallowed halls of the University of New South Wales in a totally irrelevant and underpaid fashion, I came across posters in several labs which proudly proclaimed the fact that "If we knew what we were doing it wouldn't be called research."

I second the motion...

2 Comments:

Blogger GreenSmile said...

slashdot informs me that in New Zealand they have noticed that the global warming and other problems that have curtailed grain supply are hitting the price of a pint in bad way.
perhaps you could research the recipe for mead to use whatever yet grows in Oz.

April 10, 2008 10:31 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Well, since mead is "a fermented alcoholic beverage made of honey, water, and yeast", according to Wikipedia, as long as we have flowers, bees, water, and yeast, we'll be ok for mead.

Of course after the biosphere collapes, we might have to reconsider our options, but i reckon as long as we've got some vegetable matter to ferment, we'll be getting drunk on something...

April 10, 2008 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========