Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, March 31, 2008

Greensmile's Roman holiday...



Greensmile was at the Vatican last Saturday. To brighten my day, he emailed me a jpeg of Diogenes, as depicted in Raphael's School of Athens.

Thanks, Greensmile, I'm chuffed and honoured.

4 Comments:

Blogger GreenSmile said...

It was such a striking likeness of you I just had ta....

April 03, 2008 12:11 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I hear tell it was supposed to be a likeness of Michaelangelo.

Actually, the more I look at it the more I imagine it looks like you...

April 03, 2008 11:56 PM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

when I go bald I might look a bit like that.

Michaelangelo was fond of quoting his likeness into his larger works and it fact a lot of "patron placement" went on in this particular painting, Dante was virtually a contemporary of Raphael compare to average age of this "classroom". The commissioning pope or Medici family member often , quite anachronistically out of costume, appear in the innumerable martyrdom and madonna and child paintings. But Michaelangelo had a distinctively broken nose and a great sense of humor. His face is seen in the Sistine Chapel attached to an empty bag of skin being quite irreverently handled.

May 27, 2008 11:01 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

When will some modern wag, paint a parody called "School Of The Americas" ???

May 29, 2008 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========