Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, July 12, 2007

in the name of happiness...

You get into some "interesting" conversations when talking politics with people...

The other day this dude, who correctly identified that the biggest problem on the planet was overpopulation, had this to offer by way of a "solution": Substantially reducing the global population by doing away with people chosen via some sort of ballot. His justification for such mass murder was that life was all about happiness and reducing the global population would lead to potenially greater happiness for those not affected by the death ballot.

He was serious, dear reader... And I'm still shuddering...

But since then, one question has been rattling around in my brain: What kind of definition of happiness includes the justification of mass murder in order to achieve this happiness?

7 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

What ?!?!?!???!!!

You've read this and you have no #@*&ing comment?

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS !!!

July 15, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

Give me time, I just got here.

First I nominate the moron you were talking to.

Second, fat people are doing their best to kill themselves off for the benefit of mankind and happiness.

Happy now, bloody bossy bear.

July 15, 2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

What took you so long !!! ;-)

I'd nominate him too, but then I'd be giving power to his "system". Strangely, he sees himself as a caring, sharing kinda guy...

I think the sound of his own wheels has driven him crazy...

You think I'm a bloody bossy bear? You should meet SWMBO!

BTW, SWMBO agrees with you. What am I to make of that?

July 16, 2007 10:09 AM  
Blogger Ann ODyne said...

"this dude" probably votes
so shudder again.

The population gets culled all the time.
The really stupid people die a lot ...

from smoking
and eating Cheezils
and drink driving ...

try to not worry.

July 16, 2007 6:51 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ann, let's hope that this dude never finds a party to vote for which panders to his theory of happiness...

But I'd really like to see you readers respond to the question "What kind of definition of happiness includes the justification of mass murder in order to achieve this happiness?" (and I know I'm being way too pushy... :-)

July 16, 2007 10:31 PM  
Blogger JahTeh said...

It's a philosophical question and you know I'm no good with philosophs.

July 18, 2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

JahTeh, I'd say that's just philosophsloth... :-)

July 22, 2007 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========