Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, January 15, 2007

no emails please...

I'm reformatting Drive C:\ and reinstalling Windoze XP.

This means that I will be offline for a few days whilst I wade through the dross and the trauma.

If I don't put an axe through the pooter, I'll let you know when I'm back up and running, but till then, no emails please.

Wish me luck as you wave me goodbye...

4 Comments:

Blogger Davoh said...

Good Luck. (damn,can't find one of those animated wavy thingos.)

January 15, 2007 2:03 AM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

I wish you as much patience as Bill Gates has money. XP is the most officious and invasive OS yet from Microsoft but I am sure "Vista" will be worse. Do you have a big enough "pooter" to hold all those billions of instructions you may have paid for but will never use?

Do NOT take your frustratinon out on the hardware! Better to rip pages from the instruction manual, one by one as they prove wrong or insulting or both and use them for buttwipe or for starting fires in the barbie, whichever is more comfortable. and When you come to the last page, go get a free copy of linux. Firefox has a linux version which I will be installing in a month or so when I re-org my computers.

Or, in far fewer words [Davo's to be precise], Good luck.

January 15, 2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Thanks Davo.

GS, I have Ubuntu Linux installed (and up and running) on Drive F (second HDD), but am too scared to run it online because I know zip about how to set up a firewall, and all that Linux commandline shit one has to fiddle with. So it's there as a bit of a project for me to play with, mostly offline, at this point in time. Keep in mind that I'm a low-brow, knuckle-dragging ex-grunt not long out of the trees... Waddya expeck?? Huh?? :-(

January 15, 2007 11:40 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Of course, Ubuntu became inaccessable after the Windoze re-install, dinnit...
Destroyed the dual-boot Ubuntu had set up. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.... Where's that axe...

January 16, 2007 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========