Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, January 12, 2007

get this...

One sobering fact from Homer-Dixon's book (see previous post) is this:
The financial repercussions of the September 11th attacks were enormous: the total cost of lost economic growth and decreased equity value around the world ultimately exceeded $1 trillion. Since the cost of the attack on the World Trade Center to Al Qaeda was probably only a few hundred thousand dollars, the terrorists multiplied their impact well over a million-fold.
And Bush, Blair, and HoWARd still reckon they can win their insane "war on terror"...

Go figure...

5 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

Oh...oh....oh dear. I've just been characteristically sarcatsic about war and the bottom line over at Surfdom. And then I come here and discover it's a big problem.

I feel so....something. Confused, perhaps.

January 13, 2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

Hi Gerry!
I just LOVE Phil's word sarcatsic! From what you were saying the other day about vomiting over your partner when The West Wing is on, I see you as more of a sardogsic kind of person.

I just dropped by to see if you are still keeping up the flow of whatever, and to wish you a sincere, if unlikely, Happy New Year.

Yours

Tony

January 14, 2007 10:49 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ah Tony... You are a naughty puppy... If you're the Tony I'm thinking of, I enjoy watching your daughter-in-law on The Bill. A fine actress. But I fear in real life she would be all too quick to tell me to bugger off, sharpish... A scary temper, I feel. I could be wrong. I usually am...

You want me to be happy? Based on what exactly?

January 14, 2007 11:34 PM  
Blogger Tony said...

No, she wouldn't, she's a pussycat really. But her husband, my son, might tell you to bugger off. He is not too keen on Australians ever since 2001 when he took his production of The Graduate to Australia; they were hiding under their beds after 9/11 and not going to the theatre so he had to close down in mid-tour and he lost all the money he had made on it in London and on Broadway.

What d'you mean, "Based on what?" It was just a friendly wish and if that's your reaction then the hell with you, antipodean churl.

January 16, 2007 1:35 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Tony, I don't think you need to take personally what I said, but if you want to, feel free. "Offence freely given to those who wish to take it..."

Geeeeeez....

January 16, 2007 11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========