Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, December 09, 2005

when I snap my fingers you will awaken...

Harold Pinter, writing in The Age (Melbourne), has this to say:

The US supported and in many cases engendered every right-wing military dictatorship in the world after the end of World War II. I refer to Indonesia, Greece, Uruguay, Brazil, Paraguay, Haiti, Turkey, the Philippines, Guatemala, El Salvador and Chile.

The crimes of the US have been systematic, constant, vicious, remorseless, but very few people have actually talked about them. You have to hand it to America. It has exercised a quite clinical manipulation of power worldwide while masquerading as a force for universal good. It's a brilliant, even witty, highly successful act of hypnosis.

Read the whole article here >>>

Further reading:

Killing Hope by William Blum
Hegemony Or Survival by Noam Chomsky
Rogue States by Noam Chomsky

Get back to me after you've digested the contents of those books and I'll give you a few more. But please, please stop your misinformed prattle about America giving the world freedom and democracy. The more you crap on like that the more you're waving a big flag telling the whole world that you're an ignorant fool.

(Heads-up for The Age article: Ron the Mountain Murmurer)

4 Comments:

Blogger JahTeh said...

I have already posted this comment at MGK but it's worth repeating.

"I have to keep law and order and it means that I have to kill my enemies before they kill me."
President Idi Amin, 1979.

President G W Bush 2005.

December 09, 2005 6:43 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Good call.

I'm boycotting MGK. I think he plagiarised my keyboard/machinegun theme. And his "explanation" was as weak as piss...

December 09, 2005 6:48 PM  
Blogger Armagnac Esq said...

Some right wing batwing called him a poet over at lowenstein. I'm sure he dabbled in poetry, but pinter is rather more famous for something else.

December 09, 2005 8:52 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Phil, did you mean "Pinter, winner of the 2005 Nobel prize for literature" ???

Well Ron pipped you...

December 09, 2005 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========