Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, May 26, 2005

an email from Casey's mom...

You'll recall the tribute to Casey Sheehan. Well, today I received a very touching "thank you" email from his mom for publishing her very fine speech on this blog. This touched me very deeply and I really wanted to respond but sadly I can't reply because there is a problem with her email address and it keeps bouncing my email back at me undelivered.

So, on the off-chance that Cindy is reading this, I'd like to say this:
I feel humbled and honoured to have received your email. I admire you for your strength and the courageous activism it has given rise to.

My heart goes out to you and your family, Cindy.

Peace and Love,

Gerry
Of course the inspiration for the original post came via a link DS sent me so 50% of the thanks goes to you, DS.

If you want to know more about Cindy's activism, this article will interest you.
.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the acknowledgement Gerry. I was very moved and enlightened by her speech.

DS

May 28, 2005 9:50 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

You're welcome, DS. And yes, her speech was brilliant.

May 29, 2005 4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========