Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Patriot

The other day, whilst out on the highways riding my bike, a semi passed me going the other way.  As is the practice among the truck driver demographic, there was a perspex wind deflector mounted on the bonnet of the truck, proclaiming a message to the world.

And the message was:  "PATRIOT"

I was totally impressed.  A warm fuzzy feeling engulfed me as I experienced the realisation that Australia was in safe hands.

When I got home I googled "patriotism".

I think the best find was:    Global Patriot "patriotism without borders"   Well worth a read... 

2 Comments:

Blogger Vest said...

Not sure who said it but in the seventies someone created a stink by saying "The most Patriotic people I know are the Israeli's and *Australian Cricket Umpires".

*Prior to International Umpires being used during test matches.

Like having a hundred run start.
Couldn't have Border out LBW too early in the game.

August 23, 2012 9:41 AM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

Hell yeah! Other nations need armies, attack jets and missiles, but plucky Australia can do all that with just one guy in a truck.

On the other hand, it could be an obscure National Toad Transport regulation that requires the driver to be up-front about what's in-back.

Great link, BTW, thank you. It has precisely zero chance of ever becoming mainstream.

August 29, 2012 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========