Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

The economics of the interweb

When the global economy tanks, how will that affect accessability/availability of the internet? Will we still be blogging?

Discuss.

8 Comments:

Blogger phil said...

It will crumble under the weight of squillions of opinions all seeking to attribute blame.

Or it won't, because it's weightless.

But "squillions of opinions" has a nice ring to it, yes?

WV="suplyi" - there is not enough of it in Europe.

November 12, 2011 6:06 PM  
Blogger Davoh said...

mm, interesting that the monopoly "print media" feel threatened.

mm thinks .. perhaps Darwin or whoever] may well have been on to a good think .. 'out of chaos came order'.

November 14, 2011 12:56 AM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

Since the economic collapse will affect the USA far more than anywhere else, I'm guessing that the top level Domain Name Servers, which are all either in the USA or controlled by Americans, will all go offline at once. With no Internet we won't be blogging.

I started a much longer version of this comment but discovered it arrived at the same conclusion without being any more interesting.

November 14, 2011 7:48 AM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

If TS, does indeed HTF (personally, and in the face of the evidence, I rate this as unlikely) then I doubt many people will give a shit about blogging one way or 'tother. Until then, I'll keep enjoying them :-)

November 14, 2011 12:38 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Lemmiwinks, what's a TS (and an HTF for that mattter.) :-(

November 14, 2011 1:17 PM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

I translated it as "The Shit Hits The Fan" and the sentence then does make perfect sense.

November 14, 2011 5:07 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yep, that makes perfect sense alright.

BTW, Andrew, I don't know what we've done to Vest, but he's been posting comments to this blog which are quite abusive to you and I. Needless to say, they ended up in the trash can.

Vest, grow a brain.

November 14, 2011 6:56 PM  
Blogger AndrewM said...

Gerry, I got an abusive comment from Vest on my blog too, but I'm completely bewildered - nothing I've posted here, or anywhere else for that matter, could possibly have caused offence.

November 15, 2011 6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========