Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembrance Day 2011

Today we remember those who died in wars.

Some people have hijacked this day to glorify war, or to use it as an opportunity to once again spin post-war propaganda.

I choose to remember some of the dead this way:

I remember the 500+ Australian soldiers who died in Vietnam (some of whom I knew personally). I remember the lies on which that war was based. I remember that we were only there to appease Big Brother America. I remember the 4,000,000+ dead Vietnamese, Lao, and Cambodians whose only crime was to be caught up in the meat grinder that was America's mad empire-building spree.

I remember the 32 Australian soldiers who have died, so far, in the Afghanistan war - another mad US venture that is doomed to failure.

I remember the insanity of the Iraq war, and the more than 1,000,000 Iraqi dead. I remember that they had to die so that Saddam's decision to stop selling oil in US dollars could be reversed by the US occupation forces. I remember that the day after Iraq "agreed" to once again sell oil in US dollars, George W Bush announced "Mission Accomplished."

I remember the futility, nay, crime that war is...

I remember...

Lest we forget...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting.

November 12, 2011 11:36 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

i remember.

ps, WV fledason

November 14, 2011 1:02 AM  
Anonymous Tony said...

I remember my brother who died in 1940 when his Whitley bomber went down after dropping its load of leaflets over northern France.

Nice to see your blog still going strong, old friend. Every good wish.

November 16, 2011 9:30 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Sorry to read about your brother, Tony. Nice to see you drop in here.
All the best to you too, old friend.
Dare I say I'm mellowing a bit with old age? Still insane, just mellower... :-)

November 17, 2011 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========