Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Saturday, June 25, 2005

dr who...

I've just been watching an episode of Dr Who on TV. The gold Dalek was accessing the power grid when the doctor came out with this classic:

"It's just downloaded the internet! It knows everything!!!"

I laughed so hard and long I missed about five minutes of program, then, after the Dalek had killed all of the S.W.A.T. hut-hutting nitwits sent to kill it, this little gem:

"Perhaps it's time for a new strategy..."

I'm still laughing... I can't stop...This is the funniest show I've seen in years.
.

5 Comments:

Blogger D said...

I didn't even SEE it and I'm laughing...
Thanks.
:)

June 25, 2005 9:53 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Wait till you see next week.

"It's as if something's held humanity back for, oh, about ninety years!"

Later - "When did this organisation first get here? EXACTLY NINETY YEARS AGO TODAY!

AH HA!"

Wow, your wild rough guesstimates are fortunately exactly accurate! Hurrah!

As in the other week, where they're "two hundred thousand years in the future", and when they refer back to their time they refer to it as "198,000 years ago", as if 200,000 had six significant figures rather than just one.

June 25, 2005 10:42 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

One good turn deserves another, Deirdre. ;-)

Lefty, that show is so thick with clever lines, one really needs to tape each episode and watch it several times. At least that's what I'd need to do to stay up with it all, being as I am, quite slow...

Also, I think the good doctor is a sleazy little hebophile... ;-)

June 25, 2005 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does have some brilliant moments.
Must admit I try to watch even the reruns every day:-)

Bit of an affectionado me.

June 26, 2005 5:59 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I find watching the original series painful. My partner loves it but I just cringe. Obviously there's something wrong with me..

June 26, 2005 10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========