Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Thursday, January 06, 2005

interesting...

Baraka is on the ABC, and I'm taping it. And I'm watching it. This is double plus good.

I notice Paul R. has posted a deep and meaningful comment to which I will need to reply. Whilst I welcome this, it is also daunting because that bastard has a knack of calling me on my crap. I hate that. Tomorrow... I will deal with it tomorrow...

5 Comments:

Blogger Link said...

Ahh bumma! One of my favourites, I saw it in Istanbul when I was being held hostage there - long story. I could've watched that one!

January 07, 2005 9:41 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Do you have a VCR or DVD player? I have a video tape of it now which you could borrow, or you could rent a Baraka DVD or video cassette from video shops. Do they have electricity in Blackheath, Link, or are you using a pedal-powered computer hooked up to a jam tin and string connection to your local exchange where a trained parrot goes dit-da-dit-dit-da-dit-da etc., (very fast indeed) relaying the datastream from the ISP? Bloody outback! :-)

January 07, 2005 4:49 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Oh, yes, Link, I meant to ask you to tell all the tale of your hostageness in Constantinopolis.

January 07, 2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger Link said...

Thanks Gerry. Yes that's a thought the video store arghhhh. I think I've seen everything I wanted too. Going into video stores is . . . bloody awful - basically. But Baraka (which I haven't seen in any - too, arty or something) is a great and scary film. I love the cheating on time aspect of time lapse.

January 07, 2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yes, I love the time lapse thing. But every scene in that film is thought provoking. Makes you think about humankind very differently. Snaps you out of your cultural conditioning (if you let it).

BTW, many video shops can get a film in for you if they don't have it "in-store". Ask.

January 07, 2005 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========