Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, January 07, 2005

I'm not so pissed off with "the left" anymore...

Nonviolence. Sear that word into your brain, dudes and dudettes.

I had accused "the left" of not being interested enough in the concept of nonviolence. Providence has moved! It has shown me to be wrong. And I'm happy to be wrong. Whenever I'm wrong it means the world is a better place than I thought it was. And this is a good thing. Being a cynic is not easy... But the cheap Cab Sav is having a mellowing effect...

A local "movement for change" email list I'm on has informed me of a three-day workshop which I would recommend to any politically engaged readers. You may even find me there...

If you want a registration form, go to this site >>> and scroll down the events list to this heading: National Nonviolence Gathering. And you might like to read this too.

And after this, if you still want to solve the world's political problems by advocating or condoning violence, it's because you have some sort of warped commitment to remaining a Homo Ignoramus.

Want a bit of background to this? Read this blogpost and the comments thereto.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Thanks for the info on the workshop, Gerry. I'll definitely try to make it. I've downloaded the registration form and will email them later to clarify all the details.

I'll have a good read of the Nonviolence Training Project web site to learn more about things. Might as well as join the Keepleft forum while I'm at it too.

January 07, 2005 11:34 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Excellent. I might see you there if I can get the courage up to attend something like that.

January 08, 2005 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========