Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, December 24, 2004

depression...

Yes, I know, we don't talk about it in polite company. It makes people uncomfortable. One should just "get over it". You're a wooss if you don't. And what's more, we won't talk to you again about anything meaningful until you do! Bloody Hell !!!

I was thinking about my partner just now (see previous post). And for some weird reason, I started singing the Beatles' song Help, by way of expressing my appreciation for the fact that she is always there for me.

And as I was singing this song, loud (I'd had a few glasses of Cabernet Sauvignon), in an empty house, at 11.20pm, tears streaming down my cheeks, I wondered where Lennon and McCartney got the wisdom, at their young age, to understand what older people suddenly hit by depression are going through.

So I went on the Net and got the lyrics to refresh your memory:

======================

Help, I need somebody,
Help, not just anybody,
Help, you know I need someone, help.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody’s help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I’m not so self assured,
Now I find I’ve changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I’m feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won’t you please, please help me.

And now my life has changed in oh so many ways,
My independence seems to vanish in the haze.
But every now and then I feel so insecure,
I know that I just need you like I’ve never done before.

Help me if you can, I’m feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won’t you please, please help me.

When I was younger, so much younger than today,
I never needed anybody’s help in any way.
But now these days are gone, I’m not so self assured,
Now I find I’ve changed my mind and opened up the doors.

Help me if you can, I’m feeling down
And I do appreciate you being round.
Help me, get my feet back on the ground,
Won’t you please, please help me, help me, help me, oh

=============================

I guess you have to be older, so much older than today, to appreciate these lyrics.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

I know that you asked below for what we like and don't like, but I just thought I would add here that I liked this post. And, I think that young people would do well to realize that it's okay to accept and need help at any age.

December 24, 2004 6:46 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Jenni, I agree. Learning to ask for help and accepting it is a big issue with me still.

Jeff, you said "Inform and enlighten others" I think I'm just ranting and I've got to the point now that I feel I'm getting boring and repititious.

You then added "like you've done for me here in the states". What did you learn from this blog you didn't already know? How have I made a difference? I don't get it.

December 27, 2004 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's important is knowing that you aren't the last HUMAN on earth!!! There's at least one other real person out there that can think for themselves and not buy into the lies and BS being spread by our governments and the media. When I returned to the States I thought I'd gone through a time warp (maybe I did) and ended up in Stepford (the original movie) only without the glamour.

Diogenes Surfer

January 01, 2005 11:16 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Yeah, DS, but that bullshit is killing hundreds of thousands and it's hijacked the world's most powerful military.

January 01, 2005 7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you know that and I know that, but how do you change it - if I knew I wouldn't be sitting here. The folks in charge no longer care what the people think, just look at our fraudulent elections (3 in a row). Which reminds me, do you use electronic voting machines? If so, any idea who makes them? Even the tabulating machines here have been hacked so they subracted votes from Kerry and gave them to Bush. If you haven't been following this, check out blackboxvoting.org and bradblog.com.

DIOGENES SURFER

PS The surfer refers to the internet, not hanging ten.

January 02, 2005 9:50 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

How do you change it? We're doing it. We're part of it. Dialogue, debate, exchange of information. But there's also education. If we leave education to "the system" it will only brainwash people. What's needed it is a totally independent, free source of education. The internet is perfect for this. And the third thing is protest/demonstration.

If it can be proven that the elections were rigged and the people don't hit the streets in huge numbers then they don't deserve democracy anyway. Remember democracy erodes quickly if the people aren't vigilant and loudly outspoken all the time.

Don't blame the crooks. Blame those who are too complacent to speak out, to organise, to hit the streets, those who are too defeatist to believe they can change the system. "If you're not part of the solution or part of the problem."

The first task is agree on what the problems are, and then to agree on what the solutions are. Lots of dialogue, debate and leadership needed just to get to that point. In the meant time the pricks will undermine, infiltrate, disrupt, discredit, etc etc to try to derail the process. But if you just chuck it all into the "too hard" basket, they win, you lose, you get depressed, and they'll happily put you on Prozac to make you "happy" again. Happy people don't agitate.

January 02, 2005 10:43 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Ooops... That was meant to read "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the probelm."

Bloddy Blogger coments!!!! INSTALL AN EDITING FUNCTION, YOU ARSEHOLES!!!

As soon as a free, better blogging thing becomes available, I'm outa here!

January 02, 2005 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========