Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, June 28, 2004

iraq - what kind of democracy?

I just listened to Tariq Ali on the ABC's Lateline and the sense I got was that Tariq seemed sceptical of "The West" (read "the U.S.") allowing any democracy to evolve in Iraq that wasn't pro-Western (read "pro-US")

I can't help but agree with Tariq Ali.

My reading of US foreign policy over the last 50 years indicates that the U.S. will actively try to destroy any democratic movement that is not "pro-US Interests" (read pro-US's Big Business interests.)

Good luck, Iraq. You'll need it. And just remember, Iraq, this wouldn't be happening if you didn't have oodles and oodles of oil (which God told George Bush to go get!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========