Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

here comes everybody...

"The hallmark of revolution is that the goals of the revolutionaries cannot be contained by the institutional structure of the existing society."

Thus spake Clay Shirky in his new book, Here Comes Everybody.

If you want to blow your mind with the possibilities of the new media, be that mobile phones, the internet, blogs, wikis, YouTube, Facebook, etc, this book will do it.

I'm reading it, and my already blown mind is just blowing again...

Wow...

But don't worry, dear reader, my optimism is bound to be short-lived. Reality will bite me again soon enough...

6 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

That being said, I still can't get my brain around why I should reply to all those emails which turn up tell me that so-and-so has listed me as their friend, seeking confirmation.

I guess I'm a dinosaur after all...

May 27, 2008 1:18 AM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

in order to get a piece of somebodies mind, it is sometimes necessary to blow it.

May 27, 2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Davoh said...

The older i get, Gerry, the more that i realise that everything that needs to said has already been said. The only reason that i keep waffling on is that (a) i need to, and (b) as generations change, so much is forgotten. Is there anything important amid the recent Babel-tower of blogs and beep-beep phones, facebook and facetious dinner parties?

The philosopher's stone has been turned and tumbled through the endless stream of time and thought until it is but a plain and polished, politically correct sphere with no distinguishing flaws. Perhaps, every now and then, it needs a hammer to crack it open, to see what's inside.

May 29, 2008 12:11 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I wait with baited breath to see where all this techno-inter-connectedness will take us.

May 29, 2008 12:20 AM  
Blogger Davoh said...

Probably no further than the village pump .. or, might i suggest, the local church - which used to be where all the local gossip happened .. wry grin.

May 29, 2008 12:33 AM  
Blogger The Editor said...

...and where they used to dole out the ministrone soup to the starving massess...

May 29, 2008 12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========