Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Monday, October 03, 2005

foreword to the epilogue...

I'm near the end of this blog. I've really got very little else to say that I haven't already said several times and in several different ways. I'm not articulate or erudite enough to be anything but a ranting blogger and there's only so much rant the world should be subjected to, so I'll soon leave the pontifications and analyses to those more equipped for making sense of the world or indeed "saving" it.

So there are just a few things I'll rant about in the coming weeks/days which I feel need to be said to round this thing off, and then I'll stop posting here. I'll leave the blog "up" until some external influence causes it to disappear, but it will be "up" as a terminated blog. Just a lump of flotsam bobbing about in the blogosphere... Turds and cesspits come to mind...

I want to thank all of you who have spent time reading and commenting on this blog. There is the email link if you want to communicate with me personally.

I don't know if I will write other blogs but I doubt it very much.

"This way to the egress..."
.

8 Comments:

Blogger Douglas said...

To quote Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., "A man dies when he refuses to stand up for that which is right. A man dies when he refuses to stand up for justice. A man dies when he refuses to take a stand for that which is true."

We have had our disagreements but without your insights, I would not read and researched non-violence and pacifism. You have gathered a small community of bloggers together.

As the storm clouds of Fascism gathers in the USA, this is not the time to give up. We need to inspire more people into action.

Remember that the four (4) steps of activism are:
(1) Experience
(2) Reflection
(3) Action
(4) Start over again at #1

You have probably have reached stage #2 again. So take the time to read and think.

October 03, 2005 9:42 AM  
Blogger Lavanya said...

aw, we'll miss you!

October 04, 2005 2:23 AM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

Well, Gerry, we have heard this sort of talk before.

I admit, a blog is a terrible thing to waste and its hunger is incessant. But if you go, I want you know you inspired others, e.g. myself , to launch blogs, not because they expected to have anything original to add but just so they could add their voices to the chorous of outraged reason that demands our leaders learn from the many mistakes writ clear in our recent history, demands those leaders get some guts and lead for a change. I'll leave my links up
as long as the discourse is on line.

October 06, 2005 5:52 AM  
Blogger GreenSmile said...

Uh that new blog url should be
bombanation.blogspot.com

October 07, 2005 4:50 AM  
Blogger D said...

I'm with Douglas: don't go, matey!

On the other hand, none of us have any right to ask you to stay if you don't want to. It's your business. But bugger that - stay anyway.

October 07, 2005 12:36 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Douglas, Hobbes, Fox, Ron, GreenSmile, and Deirdre, thanks for the encouragement and support.

I don't know what will happen. Seems I'm the Blogger Who Cried Wolf.

Every time I threaten to quit I draw great courage to carry on from the support that's forthcoming.

One day I'll announce yet another "quitty-fit" and I'll get no responses at all. That would devastate me. (And I'd probably quit for sure.)

I wonder if what I'm doing is a form of approval-seeking? Anyway, there are parallels to this type of behaviour all over my life.

I guess if I were I were an entertainer I'd keep coming back out for encores till the audience learned to shut-the-fuck-up and leave the theater quietly...

An Encore Whore?

Hmmmm...

October 12, 2005 1:05 AM  
Blogger Douglas said...

"Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win."
Victor Laszlo
Casablanca

October 12, 2005 6:42 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Douglas, Douglas, Douglas... All I said was "I don't know what will happen."

I'm neither "back" nor "gone", if "back" means that I have a commitment to keep blogging. I don't. I'll rant whenever a rant grabs me, but other than that, you can't count on me to be there.

Don't get me wrong, Douglas, I'm still a whore for encore, so I'll probably keep coming out for another encore every time I hear any applause... and if you've ever seen an encore whore in action, the audience very quickly tires of that kind of behaviour and stops clapping after about the third encore... Well, I've well and truly used up my quota, Douglas...

October 12, 2005 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========