Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

australia's blogger lorikeet...

In my typically pathetic and egomanic way, I'm commemorating the recently dear departed Denis Kevans with this blog by attempting, in my miserable and humble way, to bring to blogging what Denis brought to poetry, and so I have bestowed upon myself the title Australia's Blogger Lorikeet.

Any objections? Hmmm?
.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave Riley said...

Denis was playing a pun -- Poet "Lorikeet" vs Poet "Laureate" -- that was the joke. There's not the same with Blogger "Lorikeet". It's flat. But takle on the title.

September 13, 2005 10:44 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

I was aware of the subtle nuance. I'll take the title because of the nuance.

By creating a nuancical mismatch, I'll invite the question "what do you mean by 'blogger lorikeet'?" And that's when I tell them them about Denis Kevans, the poet laureate/lorikeet thing, thereby keeping his memory alive.

Method/madness?

September 13, 2005 10:52 PM  
Blogger The Editor said...

Also, Dave, I was trying to get ahead of the game. I reckon that at some time in the future, when literature catches up with blogging, they will create the accolade "blogger laureate". When they do, I'll already have a long history as the Australian Blogger Lorikeet, thereby "doing a Kevans"...

September 13, 2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========