Nothing in this blog can be believed. If you think that anything in this blog is true or factual, you'll need to verify it from another source. Do you understand? No? Then read it again, and repeat this process, until you understand that you cannot sue me for anything you read here. Also, having been sucked into taking part in the mass-murder of more than 3 million Vietnamese people on behalf of U.S. Big Business "interests", I'm as mad as a cut snake (and broke) so it might be a bit silly to try to sue me anyway...

Friday, August 26, 2005

springtime for howard and australia...

What's happening to my country?

If I wasn't quaking with the fear of things to come, I'd be laughing.

It seems that in Australia today, under Howard's New Order, if a speaker at a university students' gathering is, after three years of illegal detention and torture, critical of the American regime, he is deemed guilty of the heinous crime of "peddling anti-Americanism".

But wait!

There's more!

The Vice Chancellor of the university concerned is then issued with a stern "Ministerial Please Explain!!!" by the Propaganda Education Minister.

Think about it.. What is that if not a blatant attempt by the government to intimidate, threaten and silence discussion and debate at universities?

Media coverage of this? Not a heck of a lot really.

I keep getting more and more frequent flashbacks to film clips of Hitler's Germany in 1936...

As I said... Springtime for Howard and Australia...

Be alert and alarmed...

Is that the sound of ASIO jackboots I hear coming up the steps?
.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Editor said...

"...if we're not allowed to speak freely, then we're already in jail, aren't we?"

Exactly! But, Anan, I don't trust this mob currently in power. And I fear for the future.

August 29, 2005 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

==========
<<<<< Home
==========